Translation of lantern in Spanish:
- 1 (lamp) farol (masculine)Example sentences
- Over a three-day period, candles, oil lamps, paper lanterns, and electric bulbs are lit to show how angels lit Buddha's return from heaven.
- Maxine flicked on the electric lantern she was carrying, filling the corridor with a crisp, bluish light that was strange after the faint orange illumination of the torches.
- Our hosts provided us each with a candle-lit paper lantern to carry.
- 2 [Architecture/Arquitectura] linterna (feminine)Example sentences
- The hexagonal belfry contains six louvers with pointed arches and is crowned by an octagonal lantern and a copper dome.
- Daylight is admitted by a lantern and bounced off a textile covered funnel-shaped reflector built off the column.
- On top of each pyramid is a lantern that both brings light to the central stair of the pavilion and acts as a climate control mechanism.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Primaria is the name given in Spain to the first of the two compulsory levels of education. It is for pupils between six and twelve years of age and leads to the