- 1 (lamp) farol (m)More example sentences
- Over a three-day period, candles, oil lamps, paper lanterns, and electric bulbs are lit to show how angels lit Buddha's return from heaven.
- Maxine flicked on the electric lantern she was carrying, filling the corridor with a crisp, bluish light that was strange after the faint orange illumination of the torches.
- Our hosts provided us each with a candle-lit paper lantern to carry.
- 2 [Archit] linterna (f)More example sentences
- The hexagonal belfry contains six louvers with pointed arches and is crowned by an octagonal lantern and a copper dome.
- Daylight is admitted by a lantern and bounced off a textile covered funnel-shaped reflector built off the column.
- On top of each pyramid is a lantern that both brings light to the central stair of the pavilion and acts as a climate control mechanism.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Each of the 55 different administrative areas into which Spain is divided is called a provincia. Each provincia includes a main city or town, sometimes more, depending on its social and economic power. The provincial capital usually has the same name as the province.