Translation of lantern in Spanish:
- 1 (lamp)Example sentences
- Over a three-day period, candles, oil lamps, paper lanterns, and electric bulbs are lit to show how angels lit Buddha's return from heaven.
- Maxine flicked on the electric lantern she was carrying, filling the corridor with a crisp, bluish light that was strange after the faint orange illumination of the torches.
- Our hosts provided us each with a candle-lit paper lantern to carry.
- 2 (Architecture)Example sentences
- The hexagonal belfry contains six louvers with pointed arches and is crowned by an octagonal lantern and a copper dome.
- Daylight is admitted by a lantern and bounced off a textile covered funnel-shaped reflector built off the column.
- On top of each pyramid is a lantern that both brings light to the central stair of the pavilion and acts as a climate control mechanism.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.