- 1 (lamp) farol (m)More example sentences
- Over a three-day period, candles, oil lamps, paper lanterns, and electric bulbs are lit to show how angels lit Buddha's return from heaven.
- Maxine flicked on the electric lantern she was carrying, filling the corridor with a crisp, bluish light that was strange after the faint orange illumination of the torches.
- Our hosts provided us each with a candle-lit paper lantern to carry.
- 2 [Archit] linterna (f)More example sentences
- The hexagonal belfry contains six louvers with pointed arches and is crowned by an octagonal lantern and a copper dome.
- Daylight is admitted by a lantern and bounced off a textile covered funnel-shaped reflector built off the column.
- On top of each pyramid is a lantern that both brings light to the central stair of the pavilion and acts as a climate control mechanism.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
La movida madrileña is an expression referring to the Madrid social and cultural scene of the late 1970s and early 1980s, and the people involved in it. It was a youth phenomenon based around night spots in the city, such as the now defunct club Rock-Ola. One of the leading lights of the movida was the movie director Pedro Almodóvar.