Translation of latch in Spanish:
- (on lock)the door is on the latchla puerta no está cerrada con llaveExample sentences
- Within seconds, I had located the latch and opened the door.
- Wasting no time I pulled on my trousers and buckled them, kicking into my shoes and grabbing my shirt and jacket when the door latch opened.
- He fumbled for the latch to open his door, and left the limousine and the beautiful woman behind as quickly as he could.
- the door is latchedla puerta está con pestillo or con el pasador echadoExample sentences
- Kathryn rolled her eyes and latched the door securely.
- Once the viewing was over, they latched the door again, in silence.
- And he shushed her, pulling her into the house, and latching the back door.
- (understand) [colloquial]
- 1 1.1 (get hold of, catch)
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some Andean countries, particularly Chile, onces is a light meal eaten between five and six p.m., the equivalent of "afternoon tea" in Britain. In Colombia, on the other hand, onces is a light snack eaten between breakfast and lunch. It is also known as mediasnueves.