Translation of latch in Spanish:
- (on lock) seguro (masculine)the door is on the latchla puerta no está cerrada con llaveExample sentences
- Within seconds, I had located the latch and opened the door.
- Wasting no time I pulled on my trousers and buckled them, kicking into my shoes and grabbing my shirt and jacket when the door latch opened.
- He fumbled for the latch to open his door, and left the limousine and the beautiful woman behind as quickly as he could.
- the door is latchedla puerta está con pestillo or con el pasador echadoExample sentences
- Kathryn rolled her eyes and latched the door securely.
- Once the viewing was over, they latched the door again, in silence.
- And he shushed her, pulling her into the house, and latching the back door.
- (understand) [colloquial]
- 1 1.1 (get hold of, catch)
agarrar or (Spain) coger la ondato latch on
entender or captar algo
(realize) darse cuenta
agarrarse de1.2 (obtain) (American English) 1.3 (attach oneself to)
pegarse a [colloquial]he latched onto our group
se pegó a nuestro grupo [colloquial]
se nos pegó [colloquial]she finally latched onto a rich widower
al fin atrapó a un viudo rico
al fin pescó a un viudo rico [colloquial]2 (perceive, seize on) she latched onto the idea very quickly
enseguida captó la ideathey soon latched onto the advantages offered by the scheme
pronto se dieron cuenta de las ventajas que ofrecía el planhe latches onto the slightest error you make
no te deja pasar ni el más mínimo error
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.