- (British English/inglés británico) [Zoology/Zoología] larva (feminine) de la típulaMore example sentences
More example sentences
- For the past several years leatherjackets have been a problem for most coastal nurseries.
- A cultural control to use is covering a well-watered patch of grass overnight with a sheet of black plastic or a tarpaulin, so the leatherjackets rise to the surface into the moist space.
- In August gardeners may see clouds of daddy-long-legs emerging from lawns in the early morning and this, as well as the listed damage, are sure signs of leatherjacket infestation.
- The wharf's pylons are shrouded in vivid sponges, host crabs, nudibranchs and pygmy leatherjackets - tiny fish that hang on to weed or sponge by their teeth.
- The leatherjackets and wrasses continued their work below them, as tiny tubularia hydroids waved their tentacles from the hull.
- Mosaic leatherjackets hovered, asleep in nearly every steel beam.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In Spain, pinchos are small portions of food, often on a cocktail stick, eaten in a bar or cafe. Often free, they are similar to