- 1 1.1 (allowed)(tackle/move)
reglamentarioExample sentences1.2 (founded upon law)
(contract/requirement/constraint/rights)he is the legal owner
- In other words, the big killers in Scotland are the legal drugs - tobacco and alcohol.
- Alcohol is, of course, a legal and socially acceptable drug, even though it may actually be more harmful to the body than some of the illegal drugs.
- By far the most dangerous drugs are legal, with alcohol and tobacco, accounting for 150,000 deaths every year.
legales el legítimo propietariothe contract is legal and bindingel contrato tiene validez legal y es obligatorio para las partesshe was below the legal ageno tenía la edad establecida por la leythey decided to make their relationship legaldecidieron legalizar sus relacionesExample sentences
- The other vehicles in its fleet do not meet the legal requirements and in effect should not be allowed on the road.
- Complaints requiring legal action will be forwarded to the Ministry of Justice.
- Oh sure, it's a legal requirement for someone such as me who is a contractor.
- 2 (relating to legal system, profession) (before noun)(department)legal costs
jurídicocostas (feminine plural)the legal profession(lawyers) los abogados
los letrados [formal](professional activity) la abogacíashe entered the legal professionse hizo abogadashe has started legal proceedings against themha procedido (judicialmente) en contra de ellosto seek legal advice
les ha entablado pleitoconsultar a un abogadowe will be forced to take legal action
asesorarse con un abogadonos veremos obligados a poner el asunto en manos de nuestro(s) abogado(s)Example sentences
- This was no doubt the expensive legal advice it was given.
- Texas's public defence system which provides legal advice for those who can't afford it, is notorious for its abysmal standards.
- He declined to name them but said he advised the officials to seek legal advice and to speak with their insurers.
- (American English) (pliego de aprox 22 × 35.5 cm)Example sentences
- When he saw something of note, he scrawled it on a folded up piece of yellow legal paper he kept in his coat pocket.
- Sudler handed Mr Cool a sheet of yellow legal paper and sauntered out.
- The deed was on posh legal paper.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.