- 1 1.1 (allowed) legal; [tackle/move] reglamentarioMore example sentences1.2 (founded upon law) [contract/requirement/constraint/rights] legal he is the legal owner es el legítimo propietario the contract is legal and binding el contrato tiene validez legal y es obligatorio para las partes she was below the legal age no tenía la edad establecida por la ley they decided to make their relationship legal decidieron legalizar sus relaciones
More example sentences
- In other words, the big killers in Scotland are the legal drugs - tobacco and alcohol.
- Alcohol is, of course, a legal and socially acceptable drug, even though it may actually be more harmful to the body than some of the illegal drugs.
- By far the most dangerous drugs are legal, with alcohol and tobacco, accounting for 150,000 deaths every year.
- The other vehicles in its fleet do not meet the legal requirements and in effect should not be allowed on the road.
- Complaints requiring legal action will be forwarded to the Ministry of Justice.
- Oh sure, it's a legal requirement for someone such as me who is a contractor.
- 2 (relating to legal system, profession) (before noun/delante del nombre) [system/adviser/problem] jurídico, legal; [department] jurídico legal costs costas (feminine plural) the legal profession (lawyers) los abogados, los letrados [formal] (professional activity) la abogacía she entered the legal profession se hizo abogada she has started legal proceedings against them ha procedido (judicialmente) en contra de ellos, les ha entablado pleito to seek legal advice consultar a un abogado, asesorarse con un abogado we will be forced to take legal action nos veremos obligados a poner el asunto en manos de nuestro(s) abogado(s)More example sentences
- This was no doubt the expensive legal advice it was given.
- Texas's public defence system which provides legal advice for those who can't afford it, is notorious for its abysmal standards.
- He declined to name them but said he advised the officials to seek legal advice and to speak with their insurers.
Bullfighting is popular in Spain and in Mexico, Colombia, Peru, and Venezuela. For some Spaniards it is crucial to Spanish identity. The season runs from March to October in Spain, from November to March in Latin America.