- 1 1.1 (allowed)(tackle/move)
reglamentarioExample sentences1.2 (founded upon law)
(contract/requirement/constraint/rights)he is the legal owner
- In other words, the big killers in Scotland are the legal drugs - tobacco and alcohol.
- Alcohol is, of course, a legal and socially acceptable drug, even though it may actually be more harmful to the body than some of the illegal drugs.
- By far the most dangerous drugs are legal, with alcohol and tobacco, accounting for 150,000 deaths every year.
legales el legítimo propietariothe contract is legal and bindingel contrato tiene validez legal y es obligatorio para las partesshe was below the legal ageno tenía la edad establecida por la leythey decided to make their relationship legaldecidieron legalizar sus relacionesExample sentences
- The other vehicles in its fleet do not meet the legal requirements and in effect should not be allowed on the road.
- Complaints requiring legal action will be forwarded to the Ministry of Justice.
- Oh sure, it's a legal requirement for someone such as me who is a contractor.
- 2 (relating to legal system, profession) (before noun)(department)legal costs
jurídicocostas (feminine plural)the legal profession(lawyers) los abogados
los letrados [formal](professional activity) la abogacíashe entered the legal professionse hizo abogadashe has started legal proceedings against themha procedido (judicialmente) en contra de ellosto seek legal advice
les ha entablado pleitoconsultar a un abogadowe will be forced to take legal action
asesorarse con un abogadonos veremos obligados a poner el asunto en manos de nuestro(s) abogado(s)Example sentences
- This was no doubt the expensive legal advice it was given.
- Texas's public defence system which provides legal advice for those who can't afford it, is notorious for its abysmal standards.
- He declined to name them but said he advised the officials to seek legal advice and to speak with their insurers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.