Translation of legion in Spanish:
- 1 (in ancient Rome)Example sentences
- The most important fighting unit of the Roman Army was the legion commanded by a legatus.
- Thus it was Titus who commanded the Roman legions during the famous sack of Jerusalem.
- The Roman legions brought peace and prosperity, at least most of the time.
- [formal] (predicative) the problems are legionlos problemas son innumerablesher admirers are legiontiene legiones de admiradoresExample sentences
- His list of friends and admirers there is legion.
- Admirers, who are legion according to Chan, call him Little Prince ‘because he's very pretty.’
- By contrast, makeshift labs that produce the synthetic drug methamphetamine are legion - thousands of such facilities are busted annually.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.