Translation of legion in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in ancient Rome)Example sentences1.2 (large number)
Example sentences1.3the American/Royal British Legion
- The most important fighting unit of the Roman Army was the legion commanded by a legatus.
- Thus it was Titus who commanded the Roman legions during the famous sack of Jerusalem.
- The Roman legions brought peace and prosperity, at least most of the time.
(la legión estadounidense/británica de ex-combatientes)
- She has already won a legion of admirers and a Radio 3 Award for world music.
- It'll silence their critics, amaze their fans and win them a whole new legion of admirers.
- For the band's legion of fans, Metz's book is a loving walk down memory lane.
- [formal] (predicative) the problems are legionlos problemas son innumerablesher admirers are legiontiene legiones de admiradoresExample sentences
- Literary references to wine drinking are legion, presumably because it encouraged conversation, civilized, bawdy, or sometimes nonsensical.
- The number of characters confronting inner demons was legion.
- The stories about Dan are legion, and don't bear repetition here - although his autobiography is highly recommended.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.