Translation of legion in Spanish:
- 1.1 (in ancient Rome) legión (feminine)Example sentences1.2 (large number) legión (feminine)
Example sentences1.3the American/Royal British Legion[ la legión estadounidense/británica de ex-combatientes ]
- The most important fighting unit of the Roman Army was the legion commanded by a legatus.
- Thus it was Titus who commanded the Roman legions during the famous sack of Jerusalem.
- The Roman legions brought peace and prosperity, at least most of the time.
- She has already won a legion of admirers and a Radio 3 Award for world music.
- It'll silence their critics, amaze their fans and win them a whole new legion of admirers.
- For the band's legion of fans, Metz's book is a loving walk down memory lane.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Radio broadcasting in Spain began in the 1920s. The state-run Radio Nacional de España (RNE) was established during the Civil War. There are many private radio stations and they compete fiercely. Radio personalities are paid huge salaries, out of which they employ the staff for their programs.