- 1 (lawful)(government/authority/claim)
reglamentariohijo legítimo, (hija legítima) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- They are laws because they are instructions given by a legitimate authority, not because they are backed up by force.
- It would be outside the scope of legitimate judicial interpretation.
- He says tenancy databases are an important and legitimate tool which help real estate agents carry out their job responsibly.
- 2 (reasonable)(excuse/complaint/interest)
- Many of the arguments made thus far sound like excuses rather than legitimate reasons.
- And since when does having a democracy excuse any country from legitimate, reasoned criticism?
- Well, both factors play a role here, but they really serve as excuses more than legitimate reasons.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.