- 1.1 (lawful)(government/authority/claim)(business)(tackle/move)legitimate childhijo legítimo, (hija legítima) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences1.2 (reasonable)
- They are laws because they are instructions given by a legitimate authority, not because they are backed up by force.
- It would be outside the scope of legitimate judicial interpretation.
- He says tenancy databases are an important and legitimate tool which help real estate agents carry out their job responsibly.
- Many of the arguments made thus far sound like excuses rather than legitimate reasons.
- And since when does having a democracy excuse any country from legitimate, reasoned criticism?
- Well, both factors play a role here, but they really serve as excuses more than legitimate reasons.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.