- [lay/put] a lo largo, longitudinalmenteMore example sentences
- Standing the pineapple on end, cut it lengthwise into fourths and remove the core.
- Fix two strips of double sided tape lengthwise on the back of the black card.
- Halve the vanilla pod lengthwise and scrape out the seeds into a small non-stick saucepan.
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.
- [measurement/cut] a lo largo, longitudinalMore example sentences
- It flew lengthwise figure eights in the room over and over and never found the open window.
- Also available are lengthwise rails in the floor, to which a rack system which will hold two bicycles can be attached.
- This can be addressed by building larger cylinders and dividing them into a larger number of lengthwise strips, then directing sunlight in through a window strip other than the one directly overhead.