- 1 [Education/Educación] 1.1 (class, period) clase (feminine) lessons start at nine o'clock las clases empiezan a las nueve a French/piano lesson una clase de francés/de piano to give lessons in sth dar* or (Chile) hacer* clases de algo to take lessons in sth tomar clases de algo, dar* clases de algo (Spain/España) (before noun/delante del nombre) lesson plan esquema (masculine) de la lecciónMore example sentences1.2 (in textbook) lección (feminine) lesson three covers the past tense la tercera lección trata del pretérito
More example sentences
- With the first two lessons, students are learning right away that a sketchbook is not necessarily a book of drawings, but a tool for the artist to use in many different ways.
- Many teachers elect to continue teaching private or group lessons during the summer.
- Word quickly spread about the convenience and economy that could result from teaching survival lessons at a distance.
- Today's object lesson is the coverage of a promising medical breakthrough.
- Today had to start out with one of those little object lessons in manners.
- Despite the fact that this lesson took several class periods to complete, I feel it was definitely worth it.
- 2 (from experience) lección (feminine) there is a lesson to be drawn from this podemos aprender mucho de esto, esto debería servirnos de lección to learn one's lesson aprender la lección, escarmentar* she needs to be taught a lesson hay que darle una lección that'll teach you a lesson! ¡que te sirva de lección or de escarmiento! it was a lesson to us all fue una lección para todosMore example sentences
- I had received a memorable lesson in the ability of inexplicable experience to produce powerful emotion.
- Discover the hidden lesson in each experience to develop a profound understanding of life and yourself.
- When you are constantly aware, every experience becomes a lesson in life.
- 3 [Religion/Religión] lectura (feminine) to read the lesson leer* la lecturaMore example sentences
- A few days after reading this report I opened my Bible to read the lesson for the daily office.
- Although not a regular worshipper at St Mary's, he often read Christmas lessons at the church, and was heavily involved in the Thundridge community.
- It is not achieved either, when one or two persons out of a crowd of hundreds read a lesson or take part in a prayer.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.