Translation of lesson in Spanish:
- 1 (educational) 1.1 (class, period) lessons start at nine o'clocklas clases empiezan a las nuevea French/piano lessonuna clase de francés/de pianoto give lessons in somethingdar or (Chile) hacer clases de algoto take lessons in somethingtomar clases de algodar clases de algo (Spain)Example sentences1.2 (in textbook) lesson three covers the past tense
la tercera lección trata del pretéritoExample sentences
- With the first two lessons, students are learning right away that a sketchbook is not necessarily a book of drawings, but a tool for the artist to use in many different ways.
- Many teachers elect to continue teaching private or group lessons during the summer.
- Word quickly spread about the convenience and economy that could result from teaching survival lessons at a distance.
- Today's object lesson is the coverage of a promising medical breakthrough.
- Today had to start out with one of those little object lessons in manners.
- Despite the fact that this lesson took several class periods to complete, I feel it was definitely worth it.
- 2 (from experience) there is a lesson to be drawn from thispodemos aprender mucho de estoto learn one's lesson
esto debería servirnos de lecciónaprender la lecciónshe needs to be taught a lesson
escarmentarhay que darle una lecciónthat'll teach you a lesson!¡que te sirva de lección or de escarmiento!it was a lesson to us allfue una lección para todosExample sentences
- I had received a memorable lesson in the ability of inexplicable experience to produce powerful emotion.
- Discover the hidden lesson in each experience to develop a profound understanding of life and yourself.
- When you are constantly aware, every experience becomes a lesson in life.
- 3 (Religion) to read the lessonleer la lecturaExample sentences
- A few days after reading this report I opened my Bible to read the lesson for the daily office.
- Although not a regular worshipper at St Mary's, he often read Christmas lessons at the church, and was heavily involved in the Thundridge community.
- It is not achieved either, when one or two persons out of a crowd of hundreds read a lesson or take part in a prayer.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.