Translation of liable in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (responsible)reponsableto be liable
forsomethingser responsableto hold somebody liable dealgo
dealgoresponsabilizar a alguien
considerar a alguien responsableExample sentences1.2 (subject)to be liable
- Might the host ever be legally liable for that injury?
- As a general principle, people are not legally liable for failing to act, so that a distinction should be drawn between causing death and failing to keep the patient alive.
- A corporation is vicariously liable for strict liability offences to exactly the same extent as a natural person.
for/tosomethingyou're not liable for military serviceestás exento de or no te corresponde prestar servicio militarany income is liable for taxcualquier ingreso es gravable or está sujeto a impuestosliable to alteration without noticesujeto a cambios sin previo avisoyou will be liable to a 15% surchargele pueden hacer un recargo del 15%Example sentences
- Can we elect to have the whole of the income assessed to tax on my wife, who is only liable to basic rate tax?
- Unlicensed fireworks displays, even on private property, are illegal and may render the participants liable to prosecution.
- Failure to comply with any of those provisions will render building workers liable to imprisonment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.