Translation of liable in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (responsible)to be liablereponsable
forsomethingto hold somebody liableser responsable dealgoresponder dealgoresponsabilizar a alguienconsiderar a alguien responsableExample sentences1.2 (subject)to be liable
- Might the host ever be legally liable for that injury?
- As a general principle, people are not legally liable for failing to act, so that a distinction should be drawn between causing death and failing to keep the patient alive.
- A corporation is vicariously liable for strict liability offences to exactly the same extent as a natural person.
for/tosomethingyou're not liable for military serviceany income is liable for taxestás exento de or no te corresponde prestar servicio militarliable to alteration without noticecualquier ingreso es gravable or está sujeto a impuestosyou will be liable to a 15% surchargesujeto a cambios sin previo avisole pueden hacer un recargo del 15%Example sentences
- Can we elect to have the whole of the income assessed to tax on my wife, who is only liable to basic rate tax?
- Unlicensed fireworks displays, even on private property, are illegal and may render the participants liable to prosecution.
- Failure to comply with any of those provisions will render building workers liable to imprisonment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.