- 1 1.1 (responsible) reponsable to be liable
forsth ser* responsable dealgo, responder dealgo to hold sb liable responsabilizar* a algn, considerar a algn responsableMore example sentences1.2 (subject)to be liable
- Might the host ever be legally liable for that injury?
- As a general principle, people are not legally liable for failing to act, so that a distinction should be drawn between causing death and failing to keep the patient alive.
- A corporation is vicariously liable for strict liability offences to exactly the same extent as a natural person.
for/tosth you're not liable for military service estás exento de or no te corresponde prestar servicio militar any income is liable for tax cualquier ingreso es gravable or está sujeto a impuestos liable to alteration without notice sujeto a cambios sin previo aviso you will be liable to a 15% surcharge le pueden hacer un recargo del 15%More example sentences
- Can we elect to have the whole of the income assessed to tax on my wife, who is only liable to basic rate tax?
- Unlicensed fireworks displays, even on private property, are illegal and may render the participants liable to prosecution.
- Failure to comply with any of those provisions will render building workers liable to imprisonment.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Pulque is a thick, white, Mexican alcoholic drink made from fermented maguey juice; the sacred drink of the Aztecs. It is drunk without being aged, sometimes with added fruit or vegetable juice. Pulquerías are bars where it is drunk.