Translation of library in Spanish:
noun plural -ries
- 1.1 (room, building) public/town librarybiblioteca pública/municipal(before noun) library booklibro (masculine) de la bibliotecalibrary card o ticket (British English)tarjeta (feminine) or (Mexico) credencial (feminine) de lectorlibrary paste (American English)cola (feminine) blancaExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (collection — of books)
- I researched sailboat building at our town library and Boston Public Library.
- So a university gets a new library building but no funds for new books.
- It's easier to borrow the book from a public library or buy it from a second-hand bookshop.
(— of pictures) archivo (masculine) fotográfico(— of films) filmoteca (feminine)(— of records) discoteca (feminine)(— of newspapers) hemeroteca (feminine)a library of programs (Computing)una colección de programas(before noun) library pictures (Television)imágenes (feminine plural) de archivoExample sentences
- The bedrooms are linked to the bathrooms, dressing rooms, libraries and anterooms.
- Along the cool corridors are private dining rooms, libraries, a gymnasium, and Turkish baths.
- Dominic's room was more like a hotel luxury suite complete with a living room and a private library.
- The museum houses a library with about 60,000 books related to Gandhi and the various causes he espoused.
- A few Italian book collectors began to amass libraries of unprecedented proportions: one cardinal is said to have had as many as 15,000 books.
- They visited the stables, admiring the horses, and settled in to read from the extensive library Geoff had collected.
- This includes photo libraries, research databases and detailed archives.
- The archive functions as a dance library and research center, much like the New York City Public Library's Dance Collection.
- Start your library by researching other denominational hymnals.
Cultural Note: Library of Congress
La biblioteca nacional de EEUU, situada en Washington DC. Fundada por el Congreso → Congress, alberga más de 80 millones de libros y otros objetos en 470 idiomas.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.