Translation of license in Spanish:
- 1 countable 1.1 (permit) fishing/hunting licensepermiso de pesca/cazaimport/export licensepermiso de importación/exportaciónliquor licensepermiso para vender bebidas alcohólicasthey were married by special license (in UK)se casaron con una licencia especialto manufacture something under licensefabricar algo bajo licenciapilot's licenselicencia de pilotoit's a license to print money
brevet (masculine) (Southern Cone)es una mina de oroExample sentences1.2→ driver's license
- Virtually no account is taken of the often cruel results of losing one's licence - loss of job, and all that can follow from that.
- Phantom was a former pirate radio station, which had tried several times to get an official radio licence.
- All stockings must first be washed in an approved disinfectant and hung on boundary gateposts together with a copy of the official licence.
- 2 uncountable 2.1 (freedom) the editor permitted himself considerable licenseel editor se tomó bastantes libertadespoetic/dramatic/artistic licenselicencia (feminine) poética/dramática/artística2.2 (excessive freedom) [formal]Example sentences
- I believe that the Government has taken excessive licence from the views of the select committee.
- Equally important, it protects freedom from itself, tempering excesses of individual license by postulating a higher moral code.
- By avoiding the messiness of debate that a real democracy requires, we have given license to the excesses we now bemoan.
- autorizarthis taxi is licensed to carry up to four passengers
otorgarle un permiso or una licencia aeste taxi está autorizado para transportar hasta cuatro pasajerosExample sentences
- The Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976 requires a keeper of a dangerous wild animal to be licensed by the local authority and to take out insurance against liability to third parties.
- Each signed a separate agreement and each agreement provided that the licensor might also occupy the premises or might license others to occupy jointly with the licensees.
- A vehicle with seven seats or less, like a black cab, was classed as a taxi and had to be licensed by the local authority.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.