Translation of liege in Spanish:
- 1 (lord) señor (masculine) feudal (as form of address/como título de cortesía) my liege [archaic] mi señorExample sentences
- Master, how is my liege lord the retired Emperor today?
- My liege, Lord Ivan may have, to some extent, the ability to read thoughts.
- There was only one thing that it was truly concerned for and that was to kill and to destroy any individual that dared to come against his liege, the Dark Master.
- 2 (vassal) vasallo, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- He took Angevin power to its zenith and made himself overlord of Ireland with a campaign in 1171, gaining the loyalty of important Irish rulers and establishing Normans as his lieges in Leinster.
- But the sun would soon set on Japanese rule of the island and create uncertainty for Taiwanese like Tsao, who were taught to speak Japanese and think of themselves as lieges of the emperor.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.