Translation of liege in Spanish:
- 1 (lord) señor (masculine) feudal (as form of address/como título de cortesía) my liege [archaic] mi señorExample sentences
- Master, how is my liege lord the retired Emperor today?
- My liege, Lord Ivan may have, to some extent, the ability to read thoughts.
- There was only one thing that it was truly concerned for and that was to kill and to destroy any individual that dared to come against his liege, the Dark Master.
- 2 (vassal) vasallo, (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- He took Angevin power to its zenith and made himself overlord of Ireland with a campaign in 1171, gaining the loyalty of important Irish rulers and establishing Normans as his lieges in Leinster.
- But the sun would soon set on Japanese rule of the island and create uncertainty for Taiwanese like Tsao, who were taught to speak Japanese and think of themselves as lieges of the emperor.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Mexican politics, a prospective party candidate for the presidency is called a tapado. Candidates traditionally emerge from within the party but their identity is not revealed until the candidate is officially declared: they remain tapados (hidden), thus arousing a great deal of speculation. Under the rule of the