- (of living creature) vida (feminine); (of project) duración (feminine); (of equipment) vida (feminine) útilMore example sentences
- As humans lengthened lifespans with better nutrition and hunting skills, childhood also lengthened.
- They are slow-breeding and long-lived animals, achieving lifespans of 70 years or so.
- I suggested that extending human lifespans might lead to extended creativity.
Definition of life span in:
- The US English dictionary
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.