Translation of likely in Spanish:
adjective/adjetivo (-lier, -liest)
- 1.1 (probable) [outcome/winner] probable she's a likely choice tiene muchas posibilidades de que la elijan I prepared for the most likely questions preparé las preguntas que era más probable que me hicieran rain is likely es posible or probable que llueva it's more than likely that she's out lo más seguro es que no esté how likely is it that they'll come? ¿qué probabilidades hay de que vengan? a likely story! [ironic] ¡cuéntame otra! [irónico], ¡no me digas! [irónico]to be likely to +
infinitive/infinitivoit is likely to be a tough match lo más probable es que sea un partido difícil are you likely to be in tomorrow? ¿estarás en casa mañana? they're not very likely to agree no es muy probable que aceptenExample sentences1.2 (promising) she's the most likely applicant es la candidata con más posibilidades here's a likely-looking customer aquí viene un posible cliente this is a likely place to find a telephone aquí tiene que haber un teléfono
- It is likely that many Australian homes do not even have a Bible, and those that do, leave it unread.
- If the legs move at each strain it is likely that the cow will calve without too much trouble.
- We are still finalising the design but it is likely that these specific premises will be affected.
- most likely she'll forget lo más probable es que se olvide as likely as not it'll be closed lo más probable es que esté cerrado maybe she's gone out — quite likely/more than likely quizás haya salido — es lo más probable/con seguridad not likely! [colloquial/familiar] ¡ni hablar! [colloquial/familiar]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The language of the Basque Country and Navarre is euskera, spoken by around 750,000 people; in Spanish vasco or vascuence. It is also spelled euskara. Basque is unrelated to the Indo-European languages and its origins are unclear.