Translation of likely in Spanish:
adjective -lier, -liest
- 1.1 (probable)(outcome/winner)she's a likely choiceI prepared for the most likely questionstiene muchas posibilidades de que la elijanrain is likelypreparé las preguntas que era más probable que me hicieranit's more than likely that she's outes posible or probable que lluevahow likely is it that they'll come?lo más seguro es que no estéa likely story! [ironic]¿qué probabilidades hay de que vengan?to be likely to +¡cuéntame otra! [irónico]
infinitiveit is likely to be a tough matchare you likely to be in tomorrow?lo más probable es que sea un partido difícilthey're not very likely to agree¿estarás en casa mañana?no es muy probable que aceptenExample sentences1.2 (promising) See examples: she's the most likely applicant
here's a likely-looking customeres la candidata con más posibilidadesthis is a likely place to find a telephoneaquí viene un posible clienteaquí tiene que haber un teléfono
- It is likely that many Australian homes do not even have a Bible, and those that do, leave it unread.
- If the legs move at each strain it is likely that the cow will calve without too much trouble.
- We are still finalising the design but it is likely that these specific premises will be affected.
- most likely she'll forgetas likely as not it'll be closedlo más probable es que se olvidemaybe she's gone out — quite likely/more than likelylo más probable es que esté cerradonot likely! [colloquial]quizás haya salido — es lo más probable/con seguridadExample sentences
- By the laws of probability, the culprit was most likely an obnoxious American tourist.
- Maybe even him, if he was strong enough, but more then likely the older females would fight.
- I explained it was most likely the blonde hair making my skin colour look different in contrast.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to