Translation of likely in Spanish:
adjective -lier, -liest
- 1 (probable)(outcome/winner)she's a likely choice
probabletiene muchas posibilidades de que la elijanI prepared for the most likely questionspreparé las preguntas que era más probable que me hicieranrain is likelyes posible or probable que lluevait's more than likely that she's outlo más seguro es que no estéhow likely is it that they'll come?¿qué probabilidades hay de que vengan?a likely story! [ironic]¡cuéntame otra! [ironic]to be likely to +
¡no me digas! [ironic]
infinitiveit is likely to be a tough matchlo más probable es que sea un partido difícilare you likely to be in tomorrow?¿estarás en casa mañana?they're not very likely to agreeno es muy probable que aceptenExample sentences
- It is likely that many Australian homes do not even have a Bible, and those that do, leave it unread.
- If the legs move at each strain it is likely that the cow will calve without too much trouble.
- We are still finalising the design but it is likely that these specific premises will be affected.
- most likely she'll forgetlo más probable es que se olvideas likely as not it'll be closedlo más probable es que esté cerradomaybe she's gone out — quite likely/more than likelyquizás haya salido — es lo más probable/con seguridadnot likely! [colloquial]Example sentences
- By the laws of probability, the culprit was most likely an obnoxious American tourist.
- Maybe even him, if he was strong enough, but more then likely the older females would fight.
- I explained it was most likely the blonde hair making my skin colour look different in contrast.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.