- 1.1 [Anatomy/Anatomía] miembro (m), extremidad (f) many passengers broke limbs in the crash muchos pasajeros se fracturaron un brazo o una pierna en el accidente he lost a limb in the war perdió un brazo/una pierna en la guerra to tear sb limb from limb despedazar* a algnMore example sentences1.2 (of tree) rama (feminine) (principal) brazo (masculine) to be (left) out on a limb quedarse en la estacada to go out on a limb aventurarse
More example sentences
- Diaphanously winged and provided with limbs far too long and interestingly jointed to be in any way aerodynamic, it would appear to be some kind of mutant grasshopper, a cicada maybe?
- The ability to reduce area and span during the recovery stroke is intimately associated with the design of the propulsive limbs in small animals.
- The most common malformations are partial hind limbs, missing hind limbs, and missing toes.
- Heavy snow and whipping winds can cause limbs from trees and shrubs to snap.
- Plopping down under the leafy limbs of the shade-producing tree, she
- They use a variety of foraging styles; most commonly they glean food from foliage while they climb about on tree limbs.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Chile (Día de la Independencia)