Translation of lint in Spanish:
- 1.1 (material) hilas (feminine plural) (before noun/delante del nombre) lint dressing hilas (feminine plural)Example sentences1.2 (fluff) pelusa (feminine), borra (feminine)
- He covered the wound made with lint soaked in carbolic acid.
- One case, number 11, describes the management of a broken nose, and the treatment, involving rolls of lint within the nostrils and external bandaging, can hardly be bettered even by modern doctors.
- But whereas they were once crisp, motes of dust and household lint had now settled leaving the surface grimy.
- Brush cotton is a fabric that has been brushed to remove lint and other excess fibres to leave the cotton soft and smooth.
- Cover it with a cheesecloth to keep out dust, lint and insects.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.