- 1 u c [Phys] líquido (m) (before n) liquid measure medida (f) de capacidad para líquidosMore example sentences
- Drink plenty of liquids, such as water, juice or tea.
- First, you should always drink plenty of liquids (water is the best).
- The common glycols are colorless liquids with specific gravities greater than that of water.
- 2 c [Ling] líquida (f)More example sentences
- Indeed, the poems themselves employ a vocabulary of linguistics: plosive, liquids, vocables, vowels, consonants.
- 1.1 [oxygen/metal/soap] líquido liquid paraffin (BrE) parafina (f) líquida, aceite (m) de parafina liquid diet dieta (f) hídrica we had a liquid lunch [humorístico/humorous] en vez de comer nos tomamos unas copasMore example sentences
More example sentences1.2 [Fin] líquido liquid assets activo (m) líquido or disponible or realizable
- Gazpachos can thus range in consistency from very liquid to almost solid.
- Most strippers have either a semi-paste or a thin liquid consistency, the premium agent of which is methylene chloride.
- Allow the chocolate to melt over the hot water and stir it occasionally until it has achieved a liquid consistency.
More example sentences
- There are a variety of less-polluting oil and gas fuels, including liquid petroleum gas, liquefied natural gas and compressed natural gas.
- Frozen leaves were ground to a powder in a mortar with a pestle in the presence of liquid nitrogen in a cold room.
- Therefore liquid hydrogen tanks would need to be much larger and at the same time stronger and insulated in order to hold the extremely cold liquid hydrogen.
More example sentences1.3 (limpid) [literario/literary] límpido, transparente
- All are short-term, highly liquid assets that can easily be converted into cash and used as currency.
- Ten percent of it must be in the form of Singapore government securities, with the rest in the form of cash or other liquid assets.
- The best asset plays are those that hold large chunks of cash, liquid investments and property - items that are readily re-usable or re-saleable.
More example sentences1.4 [Ling] líquido
- The capital return is predictable, the market is highly liquid, the costs are low, the likelihood of trading statement shock avoided and returns of capital as good as guaranteed.
- Depository receipts are typically used to allow a stock to trade on a more lucrative, more exposed, more liquid market.
- Swan attributes this to better yields in Britain, lower vacancy rates and transaction costs and a more liquid market in general.
More example sentences
- This lake, though looking as liquid as water, was not clear, but black.
- My truth is warm liquid dark eyes and truly good people.
- My attention shifted to Jason, who was currently looking straight at his cousin, his dark eyes pensive, liquid pools of thought.
- Pure liquid trills of a Bulbul coming from some nearby tree bought a smile of delight to his lips.
- From the clipped liquid sounds it spoke I'd guess it had gotten little more than half the sounds I'd spoken.
- The gentle liquid sound of the pool was louder when the wind came.