Translation of liquid in Spanish:
- 2 countable (Linguistics)líquida (feminine)Example sentences
- Indeed, the poems themselves employ a vocabulary of linguistics: plosive, liquids, vocables, vowels, consonants.
- 1(oxygen/metal/soap)liquid diet we had a liquid lunch [humorous]
líquidoen vez de comer nos tomamos unas copasExample sentences
- Gazpachos can thus range in consistency from very liquid to almost solid.
- Most strippers have either a semi-paste or a thin liquid consistency, the premium agent of which is methylene chloride.
- Allow the chocolate to melt over the hot water and stir it occasionally until it has achieved a liquid consistency.
- There are a variety of less-polluting oil and gas fuels, including liquid petroleum gas, liquefied natural gas and compressed natural gas.
- Frozen leaves were ground to a powder in a mortar with a pestle in the presence of liquid nitrogen in a cold room.
- Therefore liquid hydrogen tanks would need to be much larger and at the same time stronger and insulated in order to hold the extremely cold liquid hydrogen.
- 2 (Finance) liquid assetsactivo (masculine) líquido or disponible or realizableExample sentences
- All are short-term, highly liquid assets that can easily be converted into cash and used as currency.
- Ten percent of it must be in the form of Singapore government securities, with the rest in the form of cash or other liquid assets.
- The best asset plays are those that hold large chunks of cash, liquid investments and property - items that are readily re-usable or re-saleable.
- 3 (limpid) [literary]Example sentences
- This lake, though looking as liquid as water, was not clear, but black.
- My truth is warm liquid dark eyes and truly good people.
- My attention shifted to Jason, who was currently looking straight at his cousin, his dark eyes pensive, liquid pools of thought.
- 4 (Linguistics)Example sentences
- Pure liquid trills of a Bulbul coming from some nearby tree bought a smile of delight to his lips.
- From the clipped liquid sounds it spoke I'd guess it had gotten little more than half the sounds I'd spoken.
- The gentle liquid sound of the pool was louder when the wind came.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.