Translation of literal in Spanish:
literalsin imaginacióndon't be so literal!¡ten un poco más de imaginación!
¡no te tomes las cosas tan al pie de la letra!Example sentences
- There's a conflation of two senses of the word ‘criminal’: the literal sense and the metaphorical.
- The main reason is the bricks-and-mortar approach, in the metaphorical and literal senses.
- Lighting of lamps has the meaning of eliminating the darkness in the literal sense, and metaphorically it means to overcome and gain the knowledge of Enlightenment.
- He decided to undertake not only the literal translation of the text itself, but also three types of interpretation.
- It both makes an exact and almost literal translation of the original and infuses that translation with a sense of beauty and ceremony.
- Now here's a literal translation of Der Spiegel's text.
noun literal error
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.