- [translation/sense] literal literal-minded sin imaginación don't be so literal! ¡ten un poco más de imaginación!, ¡no te tomes las cosas tan al pie de la letra!More example sentences
More example sentences
- There's a conflation of two senses of the word ‘criminal’: the literal sense and the metaphorical.
- The main reason is the bricks-and-mortar approach, in the metaphorical and literal senses.
- Lighting of lamps has the meaning of eliminating the darkness in the literal sense, and metaphorically it means to overcome and gain the knowledge of Enlightenment.
- He decided to undertake not only the literal translation of the text itself, but also three types of interpretation.
- It both makes an exact and almost literal translation of the original and infuses that translation with a sense of beauty and ceremony.
- Now here's a literal translation of Der Spiegel's text.