- 1.1 (able to read) alfabetizado much of the population is barely literate la mayor parte de la población es casi analfabetaMore example sentences1.2 [person] (well-educated) instruido; (cultured) cultivado, culto; [play] sofisticado
More example sentences
- Most of us are familiar with the concept of literacy as it applies to reading and writing and it is generally accepted that being literate means being able to decipher the written word and compose written work.
- The written form of Arabic is the same for all literate Arabs (those able to read and write), regardless of how different their spoken dialects are.
- At present most literate Africans can read English or French.
- And this is the portion of the population who are computer literate.
- To ensure that all theories meet these standards, it is essential that people be sufficiently scientifically literate.
- And the book turns out to be intelligent, literate, and thoughtful.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Lotería Nacional is a Spanish state-run lottery founded in 1812. There is an