Translation of local in Spanish:
- 1(dialect/custom/newspaper)(council/election)(bus/train)I don't use the local shopshe's a local manno compro en las tiendas del barrio ( or de la zona etc)the local communityes de aquí ( or de allí)es un hombre del lugarthe local priestlos vecinos or habitantes de la zonaa local specialtyel cura de la parroquia ( or del pueblo etc)the local wineuna especialidad de la localidad ( or de la región etc)at three o'clock local timeel vino del paíshere is the local weather forecasta las tres, hora locala local call (Telecom)este es el pronóstico del tiempo para la regiónuna llamada localExample sentences
- Pupils at a Bolton school are set to embark on a fascinating journey of discovery into the history of their local area.
- He said the sub committee would be comprised of local people who knew the local history and area.
- The class ask her to fill in the gaps in the local history of the area, which is not always in the history books.
- A journey with many stops, this is living life local train style, in less than ten seconds.
- Possibly the local train may have observed something which may throw some light upon the matter.
- One of these boys who use the local train for their nefarious activities become the victim of a braggart.
- 2 2.1 (Medicine)(anesthetic)(infection)2.2 (Computing)(variable/maximum)Example sentences
- It looks for local keys, not over the Internet, and that's very much the point.
- BT could be ready to cut charges that give rival operators access to its local network.
- The files are on your local computer, and you need to upload them to the Web server.
- This is not a critical risk, as only people on the local machine may logon to this account with a blank password.
- However, as it only appeared in the left foot, it was probably just a local infection which may have caused the man to limp.
- 1.1 (inhabitant) See examples: he's not a localthe locals say it's trueno es de aquí ( or de allí)1.2 (pub)los (vecinos) del lugar dicen que es verdad(British English) [colloquial] (bar de la zona donde se vive)our localel bar de nuestro barrio ( or de nuestra zona etc)Example sentences1.3 (anesthetic) [colloquial] 1.4 (train)
(tren que para en todas las estaciones)Example sentences
- Pop down to the local for a pint and a sandwich and it means you're meeting somebody you actually like and the business can go hang.
- And yours truly will either be celebrating like mad or crying into my pint down the local.
- We don't care if you're the type of guy we could have a pint with down the local.
- Everyone going to intermediate stops had to get off there and switch to the next local.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to