Translation of local in Spanish:
- 1 [dialect/custom/newspaper] local; [council/election] municipal; [bus/train] urbano I don't use the local shops no compro en las tiendas del barrio ( or de la zona etc) he's a local man es de aquí ( or de allí), es un hombre del lugar the local community los vecinos or habitantes de la zona the local priest el cura de la parroquia ( or del pueblo etc) a local specialty una especialidad de la localidad ( or de la región etc) the local wine el vino del país at three o'clock local time a las tres, hora local here is the local weather forecast este es el pronóstico del tiempo para la región a local call [Telecom] una llamada localExample sentences
- Pupils at a Bolton school are set to embark on a fascinating journey of discovery into the history of their local area.
- He said the sub committee would be comprised of local people who knew the local history and area.
- The class ask her to fill in the gaps in the local history of the area, which is not always in the history books.
- A journey with many stops, this is living life local train style, in less than ten seconds.
- Possibly the local train may have observed something which may throw some light upon the matter.
- One of these boys who use the local train for their nefarious activities become the victim of a braggart.
- 2 2.1 [Medicine/Medicina] [anesthetic] local; [infection] localizado 2.2 [Computing/Informática] [variable/maximum] localExample sentences
- It looks for local keys, not over the Internet, and that's very much the point.
- BT could be ready to cut charges that give rival operators access to its local network.
- The files are on your local computer, and you need to upload them to the Web server.
- This is not a critical risk, as only people on the local machine may logon to this account with a blank password.
- However, as it only appeared in the left foot, it was probably just a local infection which may have caused the man to limp.
- 1.1 (inhabitant) he's not a local no es de aquí ( or de allí) the locals say it's true los (vecinos) del lugar dicen que es verdad 1.2 (pub) (British English/inglés británico) [colloquial/familiar] [ bar de la zona donde se vive ] our local el bar de nuestro barrio ( or de nuestra zona etc) 1.3 (anesthetic) [colloquial/familiar] anestesia (feminine) local 1.4 (train)[ tren que para en todas las estaciones ]
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the