Translation of loop in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (shape) curva (feminine); (in river) meandro (masculine) in the loop informado to be in/out of the loop [colloquial/familiar], estar* dentro/fuera del círculo de información to keep sb in the loop [colloquial/familiar], mantener* informado a algn to knock sb for a loop (American English/inglés norteamericano) [colloquial/familiar] (disconcert) dejar a algn helado or de piedra [colloquial/familiar] (knock unconscious) [dated/anticuado], dejar a algn fuera de combateExample sentences1.2 (in string, cable) lazada (feminine) (before noun/delante del nombre) loop antenna o (British English/inglés británico) aerial antena (feminine) de cuadro
Example sentences1.3 (in sewing) presilla (feminine) 1.4 [Aviation/Aviación] to loop the loop rizar* el rizo
- The shape of the loop seems simple but in fact it is not.
- Sitting in the middle of his mantelpiece was an object of gold, about eight inches tall and six wide, shaped like a cross with a loop at the top.
- They move at the same speed running in big loops round and round with little or no hope of either getting open and or scoring.
Example sentences1.5 [Railways/Ferrocarriles] loop line
- It was a process a bit like tying a granny knot: twisting one edge of the sausage rope into a loop, then threading the other end through, looping it, and twisting again.
- Looser fitting dresses fell from square dungaree-style tops, held up with shoulder straps which roped through little loops along the neckline.
- They knew what I was about to suggest: tie the short rope permanently to our dead tree, put a loop in the end, and hang the long ropes through the loop.
- They got to the 9m stop and started doing loop-the-loops and vertical figure-eights between the bars.
- The technique was pretty much the same as in a Phoenix, although he had to remember that he couldn't do manoeuvres like a loop-the-loop.
- A pilot fell out of his glider during a loop-the-loop because he'd forgotten to fasten his seatbelt.
- A Network Rail spokeswoman said one wagon in the middle section of the train derailed on a freight loop line, knocking the front of the train onto the main line and damaging a set of points.
- Plans to build a loop line so more than one train could use the branch, longer platforms and a bridge at Freeport have been shunted aside indefinitely by the Government's Strategic Rail Authority in a financial freeze.
- But the London to Birmingham railway bypassed it in 1838, and a loop line to Birmingham was only established in 1872.
- 2 2.1 (circuit) circuito (masculine) cerrado, lazo (masculine) 2.2 [Computing/Informática] bucle (masculine)Example sentences2.3 [Audio] [Cinema/Cine] bucle (masculine)
Example sentences2.4 (contraceptive) (British English/inglés británico) espiral (feminine), dispositivo (masculine) intrauterino
- Since programs often execute the same loops and subroutines over and over, the translation cache is very effective.
- With the exception of the HD demo loops, all programming is identical.
- As we saw last month, intelligent use of custom actions means creating our own mini-language, with its own loops, conditionals and variables.
- There have been between five and eight people reviewing two ten second loops of tape almost continuously for two days.
- The protagonist's state of mind is manifested through extreme film loops and continually recurring sound motifs.
- They were playing HDTV loops of saturated colored landscapes and the entire room would change color every few seconds, from all the backlights.
- When you pick up a handset it generates a loop current in the circuit.
- The circuit includes a feedback loop that adjusts the output signal so that the lower voltages are chopped at a reference voltage input into the driver.
- When any charged particle is rotating, it behaves like a current loop with a magnetic moment.
transitive verb/verbo transitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
The current Spanish Constitution (Constitución Española) was approved in the