Translation of lop in Spanish:
transitive verb -pp-
- Several months ago I had to ask the current owner to remove a limb from my rockery and he informed me that Council allow him to lop this tree.
- SEVERAL 60-year-old trees were lopped at the Park last week, prompting an angry reaction from residents.
- The problem is not without solution, for if trees are lopped methodically, they can still give a large quantity of fodder, and yet not become weak and scraggy.
- The inescapable conclusion after reading the book is that we are not just dealing with a few unhealthy branches which can be lopped off restoring the tree to health.
- Many of the native branches have been lopped off.
- Big branches and branches only on the side of overhanging wires are lopped off, leaving the tree unbalanced.
- This gives me even more incentive to do the swimathon as the training will help lop off a few pounds.
- Investors no longer persuaded that unprofitable units of a media empire make up for their bottom-line shortcomings by contributing content, will demand the company lop them off.
- The move was welcomed by industry leaders, while homeowners could see £12 lopped from monthly payments on an average £80,000 mortgage.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.