- 1.1 countable/numerable (person) magiar (masculine and feminine)More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (language) húngaro (masculine)
More example sentences
- In the late ninth century, Slavs and Magyars advanced westward along the Danube River valley and overran the area.
- Migrants from Hungary were not Magyars but Slovaks, followed by Serbs, Croats, and Romanians.
- The Magyars settled in the neighbourhood of the Danube, and especially in the district on the farther side, as best suited to their occupation, that of cattle-raising.
- In the Diet of 1825 Széchenyi spoke in Magyar to demand the introduction of Magyar as the official language, and helped to found the Hungarian Academy of Sciences, to develop Magyar as a literary language.
- The government made Magyar the official language and outlawed all other languages.
- With Barbara my translator, (I was going to need more than a dozen words of Magyar to understand what was going on), I drove down to Tanyacsarda in the Bugas plains.