- 1 (system) to send something by mailmandar or enviar algo por correoI put it in the mail on Thursdaylo eché al correo or lo despaché el jueveselectronic mail to check one's mailmirar el correo(before noun) mail train mail van (British English)
comprobar el correovagón (masculine) correoExample sentences
- Buy dormant tubers in winter, either by mail from a specialty nursery or from a nursery or garden center.
- Test grades and certificates for accreditation were returned to us by mail.
- We sent all of the questionnaires by mail with a postage-paid return envelope.
- 2 (letters, parcels) he deals with the mailél se encarga de la correspondenciaExample sentences
- In front of our house is a seldom-used mailbox, because we receive our mail at a post office box in town.
- Further to this, should any person need to send any mail or small parcels quickly then there are alternative services which guarantee next day delivery for a reasonable cost.
- Buckingham Palace revealed that the Queen now sends second class mail when correspondence is not urgent.
- (especially American English) to mail a letterechar una carta al correo or al buzónto mail something
tosomebodymandarle or enviarle algo por correo aalguienExample sentences
- Yeah, the postmark definitely can trace to the post office where they mailed the letter.
- The next day, he had two errands to run - one was to the post office to mail Laurie's letter.
- They drove to the post office to mail the letter in case someone found it before it could be posted.
- uncountable (armor) a coat of mailuna cota de mallaExample sentences
- Each Corinthian soldier wore a simple coat of chain mail beneath a set of light plate mail, complete with a helm that was adorned with a small plume of pure white fur.
- They all wore the battle armour they brought with them; steel plate mail with high, circular collars and round shoulder pieces.
- The twenty-five or so remaining Crimson Knights donned their plate mail and readied their weapons.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.