Translation of mainstream in Spanish:
- corriente (feminine) dominanteher work is outside the mainstream of modern literary criticism
línea (feminine) centralsu obra no está dentro de la corriente dominante de la crítica literaria actualExample sentences
- The problem is, the ideas push into the mainstream of politics, and here we have a problem.
- Education policy often leads the way to integrate new ideas into the mainstream.
- The overwhelming message carried by the mainstream is that corporate activities are largely benign and certainly not worth systematic investigation.
establecido(ideology)a candidate who can represent mainstream society/America
dominanteun candidato que represente al ciudadano/americano mediomainstream politicsla política a nivel de los partidos mayoritariosI decided to try something a little more mainstreamdecidí probar algo un poco más convencionalExample sentences
- You will almost never hear any American political figure described by the mainstream media as belonging the left wing.
- And this is a play, daring though it may be, that belongs in a mainstream house.
- Corn argues that much of the fault belongs to the mainstream media, which is loath to call any president a liar.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.