Translation of major in Spanish:
- 1 [breakthrough/change/contribution/cause/client] muy importante; [setback] serio; [revision] a fondo; [illness] grave she is at a major disadvantage está en franca desventaja a problem of major importance un problema de la mayor or de enorme importancia a major issue un asunto de gran or de fundamental importancia all major credit cards accepted se aceptan las principales tarjetas de crédito we're talking major bucks here (American English/inglés norteamericano) [slang/argot] es un dineral, es un montón de guita [slang/argot], es un platal or (Spain/España) un pastón or (Mexico/México) un lanón [colloquial/familiar] I'm talking major disaster es un desastre con D mayúscula [colloquial/familiar]Example sentences
- One major obstacle in recruitment, however, is beyond the military's control.
- It is the first major film the Star Wars actor, from Crieff, has made in the town where he got his first theatrical break.
- The modern Games, and many other major sports festivals, follow a similar format.
- Since then, 48 nations have now signed this treaty, including all the major industrialized countries.
- Dealing with change is one of the major problems in Europe, if not the major one.
- Huge demonstrations in the capital city of his major ally would not be good for the image.
- 2 [Music/Música] [key/scale] mayor B/C major si/do mayorExample sentences
- The E-flat transposition (down a major sixth) easily can be accomplished by reading the part as if written in bass clef up one octave.
- The tension generated throughout the work by the collision of major and minor thirds is left clearly unresolved in these closing bars.
- I can still remember the effect of his G major sonata, a decade after the concert.
- The Symphony consists of only three movements - a pathetic Allegro in D minor, a highly original Scherzo in the same key, and a blissful Adagio in E major.
- Brahms' Trio in B was the subject of the composer's re-write, following the composition and publication of his later trios in C major and C minor.
intransitive verb/verbo intransitivo
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Havana, Cuba has three daily newspapers. The best known is Granma(www.granma.cubaweb.cu), official newspaper of the Cuban Communist Party. Trabajadores is published by the Cuban trade union movement, and the more lively Juventud Rebelde is aimed at a younger readership.