Translation of mandate in Spanish:
- 1.1 (authority)Example sentences1.2 (trusteeship) (History) under UN mandate
the British mandate in Palestinebajo mandato de la ONUel protectorado or mandato británico de PalestinaExample sentences
- Newly elected ministers invariably choose to regard an election victory as conferring a mandate on their policies.
- Perhaps politicians should seek a new mandate from the electorate if they are unable to fulfil their promises.
- The ones who win and form the next government would thus have the mandate to pursue their policies and programmes.
- A forged cheque is not a valid mandate, and the bank cannot debit the customer's account.
- If that were right one would expect to see wives being independently advised before signing a typical mandate for a joint account.
- He showed his value pretty quickly, pointing out that banks must have a legal mandate to debit someone's account.
- For the next 25 years, Syria was governed by French colonial administrators under a mandate from the League of Nations.
- Another category of dependent imperial territory was formed by League of Nations mandates.
- After the war, Japan continued to rule the islands under a mandate from the League of Nations.
- 1.1 (delegate) (instruct)dar instrucciones a(authorize)the delegates were mandated to …1.2 (make compulsory)los delegados recibieron instrucciones or recibieron el mandato de …(American English) (attendance/procedure/payment)Example sentences1.3 (History)Palestine was mandated to the British in 1922
mandated territoryen 1922 se concedió el mandato de Palestina a Gran Bretañaterritorio (masculine) bajo mandatoExample sentences
- Current Army requirements mandate change in order to move into the future.
- For such patients, it may be unrealistic to mandate abstinence as a requirement for treatment.
- The federal government has begun mandating it, and they insist that their architects earn at least a bronze rating.
- Having made this judgment, the Security Council may then mandate the US and its allies to use force in order to remove him.
- With the money, it will acquire and restructure more mills, as mandated by the State Council.
- Well, the problem here is, the ballot initiatives mandate something like 70 percent of the spending in the budget.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.