Translation of mangetout in Spanish:
- (British English)tirabeque (masculine)
arveja (feminine) mollar
(Spain) guisante (masculine) mollar
(esp (Mexico) ) chícharo (masculine) mollarExample sentences
- Along with our meals came a dish of vegetables offering small tastings of cauliflower, broccoli, mangetouts, carrots and a larger helping of new potatoes.
- The next day, the remaining beef was sliced and marinated in soy, rice wine, garlic, sesame oil and cornflour, then tossed in a hot wok with soaked Chinese mushrooms, bamboo shoots, bean sprouts and mangetout, as in today's recipe.
- The dishes came with nicely cooked baby potatoes, carrots and mangetout.
Definition of mangetout in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.