- 1.1 (unpublished text) manuscrito (masculine), original (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (handwritten book) manuscrito (masculine)
More example sentences
- We are attracting more manuscripts and publishing more articles than ever before.
- All authors were responsible for revising the manuscript and for final approval of the paper.
- Informed consent for this purpose requires that the patient should be shown the manuscript to be published.
- The books and manuscripts were written on vellum, a preparation of calf, goat and sheep skins.
- Priceless books and manuscripts will receive special protection as the restoration of a library gets underway.
- An entire manuscript of Urdu written in Roman is a precious treasure of the Lahore Museum.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Spain had three civil wars known as the guerras carlistas (1833-39, 1860, 1872-76). When Fernando VII died in 1833, he was succeeded not by his brother the Infante Don Carlos de Borbón, but by his daughter Isabel, under the regency of her mother María Cristina. This provoked a mainly northern-Spanish revolt, with local guerrillas pitted against the forces of the central government. The Carlist Wars were also a confrontation between conservative rural Catholic Spain, especially the Basque provinces and Aragón, led by the carlistas, and the progressive liberal urban middle classes allied with the army. Carlos died in 1855, but the carlistas, representing political and religious traditionalism, supported his descendants' claims until reconciliation in 1977 with King Juan Carlos.