Translation of many in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (in negative, interrogative sentences)muchos (-chas)he doesn't have many booksno tiene muchos librosdid they ask you many difficult questions?¿te hicieron muchas preguntas difíciles?we got there without too many problemsllegamos sin demasiados problemashow many plates/cups do you need?¿cuántos platos/cuántas tazas necesitas?1.2 (in affirmative sentences)muchos (-chas)many problems still remain unsolvedfalta aún solucionar muchos problemasmany years agohace muchos añosa great/good many peoplemuchísima/mucha genteI've had as many jobs as youhe tenido tantos trabajos como túshe read 15 books in as many daysse leyó 15 libros en el mismo número de díasI have too many bookstengo demasiados librosone chair too many, one too many chairsuna silla de más
- 1 (in negative, interrogative sentences)muchos (-chas)she has some friends, but not manytiene amigos, pero no muchoshow many of your colleagues smoke?¿cuántos/cuántas de tus colegas fuman?
- 2 (in affirmative sentences)muchos (-chas)many of the machines are importedmuchas de las máquinas son importadasmany of us/youmuchos de nosotros/de ustedesa good many of the houses date from before the warmuchas de las casas datan de antes de la guerramany's the time I've asked myself thatmás de una vez me he preguntado esoanswer as many of the questions as possibleconteste todas las preguntas que puedaI've got twice as many as youtengo el doble que túas many as 26 are still missingtodavía faltan nada menos que 26however many you eat, you still want morete comas las que te comas, te quedas con ganas de comer másI don't want this manyyo no quiero tantos/tantaswould ten be too many?¿diez serían demasiados?you've given me one/two too manyme has dado uno/dos de más
- 3 (people)muchosmany would disagree with that opinionmuchos no estarían de acuerdo con esa opiniónfor the good of the many [formal]por el bien de la mayoríahow many must die before this war finishes?¿cuántos han de morir antes de que esta guerra se acabe?Example sentences
- These parties may win many of their votes on the race issue, but they win very few votes.
- Over the years, many of those who used to be members have died or live in care homes.
- Over the past few weeks he has appeared in many of the smaller venues where he started out.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.