Translation of many in Spanish:
- 1 1.1 (in negative, interrogative sentences)he doesn't have many booksmuchos, (-chas)did they ask you many difficult questions?no tiene muchos libroswe got there without too many problems¿te hicieron muchas preguntas difíciles?how many plates/cups do you need?llegamos sin demasiados problemas1.2 (in affirmative sentences)¿cuántos platos/cuántas tazas necesitas?many problems still remain unsolvedmuchos, (-chas)many years agofalta aún solucionar muchos problemasa great/good many peoplehace muchos añosI've had as many jobs as youmuchísima/mucha genteshe read 15 books in as many dayshe tenido tantos trabajos como túI have too many booksse leyó 15 libros en el mismo número de díasone chair too many, one too many chairstengo demasiados librosuna silla de más
- 1.1 (in negative, interrogative sentences)she has some friends, but not manymuchos, (-chas)how many of your colleagues smoke?tiene amigos, pero no muchos1.2 (in affirmative sentences)¿cuántos/cuántas de tus colegas fuman?many of the machines are importedmuchos, (-chas)many of us/youmuchas de las máquinas son importadasa good many of the houses date from before the warmuchos de nosotros/de ustedesmany's the time I've asked myself thatmuchas de las casas datan de antes de la guerraanswer as many of the questions as possiblemás de una vez me he preguntado esoI've got twice as many as youconteste todas las preguntas que puedaas many as 26 are still missingtengo el doble que túhowever many you eat, you still want moretodavía faltan nada menos que 26I don't want this manyte comas las que te comas, te quedas con ganas de comer máswould ten be too many?yo no quiero tantos/tantasyou've given me one/two too many¿diez serían demasiados?1.3 (people)me has dado uno/dos de másmany would disagree with that opinionmuchosfor the good of the many [formal]muchos no estarían de acuerdo con esa opiniónhow many must die before this war finishes?por el bien de la mayoría¿cuántos han de morir antes de que esta guerra se acabe?Example sentences
- These parties may win many of their votes on the race issue, but they win very few votes.
- Over the years, many of those who used to be members have died or live in care homes.
- Over the past few weeks he has appeared in many of the smaller venues where he started out.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
ESO (Educación Secundaria Obligatoria) is one of the stages of secondary education established in Spain by the