- 1 1.1 (in negative, interrogative sentences/en oraciones negativos e interrogativos) muchos, he doesn't have many books no tiene muchos libros did they ask you many difficult questions? ¿te hicieron muchas preguntas difíciles? we got there without too many problems llegamos sin demasiados problemas how many plates/cups do you need? ¿cuántos platos/cuántas tazas necesitas? 1.2 (in affirmative sentences/en oraciones afirmativas) muchos, many problems still remain unsolved falta aún solucionar muchos problemas many years ago hace muchos años a great/good many people muchísima/mucha gente I've had as many jobs as you he tenido tantos trabajos como tú she read 15 books in as many days se leyó 15 libros en el mismo número de días I have too many books tengo demasiados libros one chair too many, one too many chairs una silla de más
The variety of catalán spoken in the Balearic Islands is called mallorquín. Some people regard it as a separate language from Catalan, which enjoys official status, but it is not officially recognized as such.
- 1.1 (in negative, interrogative sentences/en oraciones negativos e interrogativos) muchos, she has some friends, but not many tiene amigos, pero no muchos how many of your colleagues smoke? ¿cuántos/cuántas de tus colegas fuman? 1.2 (in affirmative sentences/en oraciones afirmativas) muchos, many of the machines are imported muchas de las máquinas son importadas many of us/you muchos de nosotros/de ustedes a good many of the houses date from before the war muchas de las casas datan de antes de la guerra many's the time I've asked myself that más de una vez me he preguntado eso answer as many of the questions as possible conteste todas las preguntas que pueda I've got twice as many as you tengo el doble que tú as many as 26 are still missing todavía faltan nada menos que 26 however many you eat, you still want more te comas las que te comas, te quedas con ganas de comer más I don't want this many yo no quiero tantos/tantas would ten be too many? ¿diez serían demasiados? you've given me one/two too many me has dado uno/dos de más 1.3 (people) muchos many would disagree with that opinion muchos no estarían de acuerdo con esa opinión for the good of the many [formal] por el bien de la mayoría how many must die before this war finishes? ¿cuántos han de morir antes de que esta guerra se acabe?More example sentences
- These parties may win many of their votes on the race issue, but they win very few votes.
- Over the years, many of those who used to be members have died or live in care homes.
- Over the past few weeks he has appeared in many of the smaller venues where he started out.