Translation of marathon in Spanish:
- 1.1 [Sport/Deporte] maratón (masculine or feminine)Example sentences1.2 (endurance test) concurso (masculine) de resistencia; (before noun/delante del nombre) [performance/debate/speech] maratoniano
- She swapped track for road, became a marathon runner, ran three marathons and won the lot.
- All modern marathons have been 26 miles 385 yards long ever since.
- Before the 1970s only highly trained athletes ran more than 5 miles, then along came jogging and now ordinary people commonly run marathons of 26 miles.
- When I got there, though, the marathon of confusion began: The symptoms kept changing but not the effect.
- She embarks on TV marathons where the set is fixed at volumes making sure none would sleep.
- The BBC is planning to embark upon a similar marathon to choose the nation's favourite books.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Sherry is produced in an area of chalky soil known as albariza lying between the towns of Puerto de Santa María, Sanlúcar de Barrameda, and Jerez de la Frontera in Cádiz province. It is from Jerez that sherry takes its English name. Sherries, made from grape varieties including Palomino and Pedro Ximénez, are drunk worldwide as an aperitif, and in Spain as an accompaniment to