- 1 1.1 u (act) casamiento (m), matrimonio (m), enlace (m) [formal] she tried to prevent their marriage trató de impedir que se casaran marriage
tosb casamiento (m) or [formal] enlace (m) conalgn (before n) marriage ceremony ceremonia (f) del matrimonio marriage certificate certificado (m) or (Méx) acta (f‡) de matrimonio marriage lines (BrE) [colloquial/familiar] partida (f) or certificado (m) or (Méx) acta (f‡) de matrimonio marriage vows votos (mpl) matrimoniales 1.2 u c (relationship, state) matrimonio (m)marriage tosb her marriage to the poet lasted two years estuvo dos años casada con el poeta a marriage of convenience un matrimonio de conveniencias to be related by marriage ser* parientes políticos or por afinidad we're cousins by marriage somos primos políticos he gave him his daughter in marriage le entregó a su hija en matrimonio (before n) marriage counseling o (BrE) guidance terapia (f) de pareja marriage counselor o (BrE) marriage guidance counsellor consejero, -ra (m,f) matrimonial marriage settlementacuerdo prematrimonial en el que se estipula la cuantía de la doteMore example sentences
- But with large numbers of unions still ending in divorce and many couples choosing to cohabit and raise children out of wedlock, has marriage had its day?
- But real equality is reached when marriage is opened for gay people as well.
- In 1985, they were guaranteed legal equality with men within marriage.
- 2 (union) [literario/literary] (no pl) maridaje (m), unión (f)More example sentences
- A man who was in a coma for six weeks after a road accident and can't remember his wedding has renewed his marriage vows to his wife who is helping him back to health.
- By other testimony of her witnesses, particularly Jean, the marriage was a happy one.
- So the law quite rightly has a continuing bias in favour of marriages and civil unions.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
Today is a public holiday in Peru (Día de la Independencia)