Translation of marry in Spanish:
- 1 (get married to)casarse concontraer matrimonio con [formal]Example sentences
- You get in that church and get married to Brianna, this instant.
- It is that freedom which entitles churches not to marry any couples if to do so would offend their beliefs.
- At St Joseph's Church two couples were married while St Mary's, Our Lady of the Rosary and Our Lady of Lourdes had one wedding each.
- We interpret this as evidence that the desire for boys lead some husbands to marry another woman if his first wife delivers a girl.
- Upon a husband's death, his wife is expected to marry his brother, who also assumes responsibility for any children.
- Upon the death of his wife, John marries her sister.
- 3→ marry offExample sentences
- He said it was sad that most school-going children in rural districts were being married off by their parents.
- Mary's best hope, then, was to acquire good house-keeping skills and be married off by her father.
- Today was the big day; my only daughter was getting married off to Cyril!
- casarsecontraer matrimonio [formal]he's not the marrying kindél no es de los que se casanhe married into a wealthy family/the aristocracyse casó con una mujer de familia rica/con una aristócratashe married beneath/above herselfse casó con alguien de condición social inferior/superior a la suya→ hasteExample sentences
- One need not become a Vermont resident to marry or enter a civil union there.
- In 1653 he married and entered the local artists' guild and by 1655 had taken over his father's businesses.
- Clive ends the relationship when he marries and enters public life.
- She felt he deserved to know what sort of family he would be marrying into, but then she feared that if he knew the truth he would not want to marry her at all.
- I was abused by an uncle and ended up marrying into a family of gangsters.
- We hoped he was the nice, good-looking one who seemed calm enough to handle any emergency, an essential quality for anyone marrying into our family.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.