Translation of marry in Spanish:
- 1.1 (get married to)casarse concontraer matrimonio con [formal]Example sentences1.2 (perform ceremony)
Example sentences1.3→ marry off
- We interpret this as evidence that the desire for boys lead some husbands to marry another woman if his first wife delivers a girl.
- Upon a husband's death, his wife is expected to marry his brother, who also assumes responsibility for any children.
- Upon the death of his wife, John marries her sister.
Example sentences1.4 (unite, combine)
- You get in that church and get married to Brianna, this instant.
- It is that freedom which entitles churches not to marry any couples if to do so would offend their beliefs.
- At St Joseph's Church two couples were married while St Mary's, Our Lady of the Rosary and Our Lady of Lourdes had one wedding each.
- He said it was sad that most school-going children in rural districts were being married off by their parents.
- Mary's best hope, then, was to acquire good house-keeping skills and be married off by her father.
- Today was the big day; my only daughter was getting married off to Cyril!
- It's just a question actually of marrying them together and getting the right balance.
- We are marrying the two together now better than we have ever done.
- The final step was to marry the two skills together.
- he's not the marrying kindcasarsehe married into a wealthy family/the aristocracyél no es de los que se casanshe married beneath/above herselfse casó con una mujer de familia rica/con una aristócrata→ hastese casó con alguien de condición social inferior/superior a la suyaExample sentences
- One need not become a Vermont resident to marry or enter a civil union there.
- In 1653 he married and entered the local artists' guild and by 1655 had taken over his father's businesses.
- Clive ends the relationship when he marries and enters public life.
- She felt he deserved to know what sort of family he would be marrying into, but then she feared that if he knew the truth he would not want to marry her at all.
- I was abused by an uncle and ended up marrying into a family of gangsters.
- We hoped he was the nice, good-looking one who seemed calm enough to handle any emergency, an essential quality for anyone marrying into our family.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.