Translation of masculine in Spanish:
- 1 (manly) she's very masculinees muy masculina or [pejorative] hombrunaExample sentences
- These are very attractive and masculine qualities.
- This 16th century bastioned city is unique in the feminine quality among the masculine citadels of Rajasthan.
- Actually, part of her success is that she combines traditionally masculine and feminine qualities in one package.
- 2 (Linguistics, Literat)(noun)Example sentences
- Italian casa ‘house’ is a noun of feminine gender, giardino ‘garden’ is a noun of masculine gender.
- It is unfortunate that the gender of the noun, being masculine, is confused with the intent of the word, which is neutral.
- Latin homo is a masculine noun that can mean a human being, a male person, or humanity in general.
- 1.1 countable (word) 1.2 uncountable (gender) See examples: (in) the masculineen masculinoExample sentences
- In dictionaries, adjectives are always given in the masculine singular and this may not be the form in which you need the adjective and you may have to change it.
- The Masculine of either the Adjective or the Participle is freely used in any Case and in any construction.
- It will be observed that the masculine of the adjective is declined exactly like a masculine noun of the second declension, the feminine exactly like a feminine noun of the first declension, and the neuter exactly like a neuter noun of the second declension.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
In some parts of Spain, the name given to a weekly open-air flea market where all kinds of items are sold is a rastro. The name El Rastro as such refers to a very big market of this type held in Madrid at weekends.