- 1 (manly) masculino, varonil she's very masculine es muy masculina or [pejorative/peyorativo] hombrunaMore example sentences
- These are very attractive and masculine qualities.
- This 16th century bastioned city is unique in the feminine quality among the masculine citadels of Rajasthan.
- Actually, part of her success is that she combines traditionally masculine and feminine qualities in one package.
- 2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] [Literat] [noun] masculinoMore example sentences
- Italian casa ‘house’ is a noun of feminine gender, giardino ‘garden’ is a noun of masculine gender.
- It is unfortunate that the gender of the noun, being masculine, is confused with the intent of the word, which is neutral.
- Latin homo is a masculine noun that can mean a human being, a male person, or humanity in general.
- 1.1 countable/numerable (word) masculino (masculine) 1.2 uncountable/no numerable (gender) (in) the masculine en masculino
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.