Translation of masculine in Spanish:
- 1 (manly) masculino, varonil she's very masculine es muy masculina or [pejorative/peyorativo] hombrunaExample sentences
- These are very attractive and masculine qualities.
- This 16th century bastioned city is unique in the feminine quality among the masculine citadels of Rajasthan.
- Actually, part of her success is that she combines traditionally masculine and feminine qualities in one package.
- 2 [Linguistics/Lingüística] [Literat] [noun] masculinoExample sentences
- Italian casa ‘house’ is a noun of feminine gender, giardino ‘garden’ is a noun of masculine gender.
- It is unfortunate that the gender of the noun, being masculine, is confused with the intent of the word, which is neutral.
- Latin homo is a masculine noun that can mean a human being, a male person, or humanity in general.
- 1.1 countable/numerable (word) masculino (masculine) 1.2 uncountable/no numerable (gender) (in) the masculine en masculino
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.