- máximo (m) I sleep a maximum of five hours duermo cinco horas como máximo up to a maximum of $10,000 o a $10,000 maximum hasta 10.000 dólares como máximo, hasta un máximo de 10.000 dólares to exploit sth to the maximum explotar algo al máximo the hall holds 200 people at the maximum en la sala caben 200 personas como máximoMore example sentences
- In the meantime we will all be carrying on our activities to the maximum possible within the law.
- It can boost our body's temperature to the maximum to coincide with the demands of the day.
- Whilst farmers now produce to the maximum - 18m tons - the EU consumes 12.5m tons a year.
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.
- (before n) [amount/temperature] máximo maximum speed velocidad (f) máxima it was planned to cause maximum disruption estaba planeado para causar el mayor trastorno posible maximum capacity: 12 persons capacidad máxima: 12 personas maximum comfort for the lowest price la mayor comodidad al precio más bajoMore example sentences
- And this maximum possible speed is the velocity of light.
- Although the light beam is traveling toward us at the maximum speed possible, it cannot keep up with the stretching of space.
- Under this plan, the average longevity of a genus is halfway between the minimum and the maximum possible.