Translation of means in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural means)
- 1 (+ singular verb/+ verbo en singular) 1.1 (method) medio (masculine) a means to an end un medio para lograr un fin means of transport medio de transporte they have the means to do it cuentan con los medios para hacerlo there's no means of finding out no hay manera or forma de saberlo see also ways and means 1.2 (in phrases/en locuciones) by all means por supuesto, ¡cómo no! (especially Latin America/especialmente América Latina) by all means take it, but please bring it back llévatelo, no faltaba más, pero por favor tráelo de vuelta by no means, not by any means we are by no means rich no somos ricos ni mucho menos it's not a perfect film by any means de ninguna manera or de ningún modo es una película perfecta by some means or other sea como sea by means of (as preposition/como preposición) por medio de, medianteExample sentences
- When the objective is recognized, a wide variety of well known techniques may be used as transitional or enduring means of achieving it.
- The method provides a means of identifying and describing the ways the viewers fill the gaps in the text.
- Having a series of plant analysis results provides a means of evaluating these influences.
- 2 [formal] (+ plural verb/+ verbo en plural) (wealth) medios (masculine plural) (económicos), recursos (masculine plural); (income) ingresos (masculine plural) a woman of means una mujer de buena posición económica we do not have the means to finance it no contamos con los medios or recursos para financiarlo this is beyond the means of many people esto no está al alcance de todos los bolsillos they live beyond their means llevan un tren de vida que no se pueden costear or que sus ingresos no les permitenExample sentences
- That way you will have the financial means whatever bill comes your way!
- She has also received computers and 14 computer training facilities for families without the means.
- You have had the means under your control for quite some time now.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Premios Goya del cine español is the Spanish equivalent of Oscars, awarded in January every year by the AACC (Academia de las Artes y las Ciencias Cinematográficas de España). The winners receive a bust of the painter Goya.