- 1.1 uncountable or countable/no numerable o numerable carne (feminine) a plate of cold o cooked meats un plato de fiambres the meat and potatoes (American English/inglés norteamericano) lo básico a meat and potatoes repertoire un repertorio básico to be meat and drink to sb ser* la pasión de algn to be strong meat ser* demasiado fuerte one man's meat is another man's poison lo que a uno cura a otro mata (before noun/delante del nombre) meat by-product derivado (masculine) de la carne meat extract extracto (masculine) de carne meat grinder (American English/inglés norteamericano) moledora (feminine) or (Spain, River Plate area/España, Río de la Plata) picadora (feminine) de carne meat industry industria (feminine) cárnica or de la carne meat pie pastel (masculine) de carne meat product producto (masculine) cárnico or de la carne meat safe (British English/inglés británico) fresquera (feminine), fiambrera (feminine) (Southern Cone/Cono Sur)More example sentences1.2 uncountable/no numerable (substance) sustancia (feminine), enjundia (feminine)
More example sentences
- The principal meats were pork, beef, mutton, and sometimes freshwater fish taken from the river.
- The highly processed food and low-quality meats affect the health, both physical and mental, of everyone here.
- He could smell the meats and the foods cooking on the hot plates above him, and he felt his stomach growl.
- Disc Two is where the meat of the supplements is featured.
- They are dialogue-heavy, but they are laying the groundwork for the real meat of the film.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Mossos d'Esquadra is the name of the police force of the Catalan autonomous region. It has a wide range of responsibilities but the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional also operate in Catalonia.