Translation of meat in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable and countable a plate of cold o cooked meatsthe meat and potatoes (American English)un plato de fiambresa meat and potatoes repertoirelo básicoto be meat and drink to somebodyun repertorio básicoto be strong meatser la pasión de alguienone man's meat is another man's poisonser demasiado fuerte(before noun) meat by-productlo que a uno cura a otro matameat extract meat industryderivado (masculine) de la carnemeat pie meat productindustria (feminine) cárnica or de la carneproducto (masculine) cárnico or de la carneExample sentences1.2 uncountable (substance)
- The principal meats were pork, beef, mutton, and sometimes freshwater fish taken from the river.
- The highly processed food and low-quality meats affect the health, both physical and mental, of everyone here.
- He could smell the meats and the foods cooking on the hot plates above him, and he felt his stomach growl.
- Disc Two is where the meat of the supplements is featured.
- They are dialogue-heavy, but they are laying the groundwork for the real meat of the film.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.