- 1 countable/numerable 1.1 (of machine, brain) mecanismo (masculine)More example sentences1.2 (procedure) mecanismo (masculine)
More example sentences
- These two holes must be coordinated so the mechanism will properly fit together.
- The slight hiss is, to my ears, about the same as the tape mechanism in my van - maybe even a bit less.
- Our clock is a superb piece of engineering, and has a mechanism that is almost identical to Big Ben in London.
- It is also of significance in new drug development based on the mechanism of Chinese medicine.
- It pulverises those delicate social mechanisms that control our baser motives.
- Rather, they encourage the body's own healing mechanisms to restore its natural equilibrium.
- 2 uncountable/no numerable [Philosophy/Filosofía] mecanicismo (masculine)More example sentences
- Much of this controversy stemmed from the argument of mechanism versus vitalism.
- For Bergson, it is because the scientific pursuit is based on the principle of mechanism.
- Yet mechanism and postmodernism are linked by a common distrust of human subjectivity.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Spain's War of Independence against Napoleon Bonaparte's French occupation was ignited by the popular revolt in Madrid on 2 May 1808 against the French army. With support from the Duke of Wellington, Spanish resistance continued for over five years in a guerra de guerrillas which gave the world the concept and the term guerrilla warfare. The autocratic Fernando VII was restored to the throne in 1814, and his first act was to abolish the progressive Constitution of Cadiz adopted in 1812.