- 1 c 1.1 (of machine, brain) mecanismo (m)More example sentences1.2 (procedure) mecanismo (m)
More example sentences
- These two holes must be coordinated so the mechanism will properly fit together.
- The slight hiss is, to my ears, about the same as the tape mechanism in my van - maybe even a bit less.
- Our clock is a superb piece of engineering, and has a mechanism that is almost identical to Big Ben in London.
- It is also of significance in new drug development based on the mechanism of Chinese medicine.
- It pulverises those delicate social mechanisms that control our baser motives.
- Rather, they encourage the body's own healing mechanisms to restore its natural equilibrium.
- 2 u [Phil] mecanicismo (m)More example sentences
- Much of this controversy stemmed from the argument of mechanism versus vitalism.
- For Bergson, it is because the scientific pursuit is based on the principle of mechanism.
- Yet mechanism and postmodernism are linked by a common distrust of human subjectivity.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.