- 1.1 (interfere)to meddle (
in/ withsomething)meterse or entrometerse or inmiscuirse (don't meddle in her affairs! enalgo)¡no te metas or entrometas or inmiscuyas en sus asuntos!to meddle withsomebodymeterse conalguienExample sentences1.2 (tamper)to meddle
- Don't meddle in matters that don't concern you, unless you want to face the wrath of Rowan!
- Elections should be open and transparent so there is no opportunity for meddling.
- He also said foreign governments should stop meddling in Hong Kong's affairs.
withsomethingtoquetear algoExample sentences
- Jack Taggart, is yelling at his son, Billy, to carefully affix all the scarecrows to their posts, while also accusing him of meddling with his equipment.
- He told Hudson that he had to understand that people who had their homes invaded felt very bad about the fact that others had been meddling with their property.
- Stating that the gallery is full-fledged now, Vidya says that it has sufficient space and infrastructure to host an exclusive show without meddling with the regular display area.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.