Translation of mediate in Spanish:
- mediarto mediate in a dispute
actuar de mediadormediar or actuar de mediador en un conflictoExample sentences
- He says that the army and the police who mediate between the settlers and the villagers are no good.
- It was Spring who proposed the establishment of an international body to mediate between the parties.
- Again, it was the patron's role to mediate between the artist and the press, ensuring a harmonious relationship on both sides.
- 1 (bring about)(cease-fire/agreement)
lograr (actuando como mediador)Example sentences
- He tried to mediate a peaceful solution to the Lebanese civil war in the 1980s, and was instrumental in securing the Taif Accord of 1989.
- The World Bank mediated a solution to the Indus River dispute, resulting in negotiation of the 1960 Indus Waters Treaty.
- China's refusal to leave the reef has prompted the Philippines to ‘internationalize’ the issue, urging the United Nations to mediate a solution.
- 2 (transmit) [literary]Example sentences
- She, too, can give praise to the ‘God of Israel’ whose healing power has been mediated through an Israelite healer.
- Here we find a greater reliance upon the power of the church and this power is mediated by a very strange and special figure.
- Of course, organizations form part of wider power fields and, thus, mediate those power relations to engaged anthropologists and our collaborators.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.