Translation of medium in Spanish:
- 1 (intermediate) [size] mediano small, medium or large? ¿pequeño, mediano o grande? a person of medium height/build una persona de estatura or talla media or mediana/de complexión normal of medium difficulty de un grado medio de dificultadExample sentences
- He was described as a man in his late 30s, taller than average, of medium build with short dark hair and who spoke with no discernible accent.
- She had a slim build and medium length, fashionably styled blonde hair.
- She has fair medium length straight hair and blue eyes.
- 1 countable/numerable(plural media)(means, vehicle) medio (masculine) advertising media medios (masculine plural) publicitarios or de publicidad through the medium of the press a través de la prensa medium of exchange [Finance] medio de pago
- 2(plural media)2.1 countable/numerable (environment) medio (masculine) (ambiente) 2.2 countable/numerable (for growing cultures) caldo (masculine) de cultivo 2.3 uncountable/no numerable (preserving fluid)[ sustancia utilizada para la conservación de especímenes animales y vegetales ] 2.4 uncountable/no numerable (solvent) diluyente (masculine)
- 3 (middle position) (no plural/sin plural) punto (masculine) medio to strike a happy medium between formality and familiarity lograr un término medio entre la formalidad y la excesiva confianza
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
An estanco is an establishment selling tobacco, stamps, bus and subway passes and other products whose sale is restricted. Cigarettes etc are sold in bars and cafés but at higher prices. Estancos also sell stationery and sometimes newspapers.