Translation of medium in Spanish:
- 1 (intermediate)(size)small, medium or large?a person of medium height/build¿pequeño, mediano o grande?of medium difficultyuna persona de estatura or talla media or mediana/de complexión normalde un grado medio de dificultadExample sentences
- He was described as a man in his late 30s, taller than average, of medium build with short dark hair and who spoke with no discernible accent.
- She had a slim build and medium length, fashionably styled blonde hair.
- She has fair medium length straight hair and blue eyes.
- 1 countablealso: plural media(means, vehicle) advertising mediathrough the medium of the pressmedios (masculine plural) publicitarios or de publicidadmedium of exchange (Finance)a través de la prensamedio de pagoExample sentences
- A common answer is ‘anything that can be used as a medium of exchange’.
- To use TV as a medium of education will yield rich dividends.
- The meetings provide a medium for local councillors to raise the issues of their electorate on a more intimate basis with Council officials.
- 2also: plural media2.1 countable (environment) 2.2 countable (for growing cultures) 2.3 uncountable (preserving fluid)(sustancia utilizada para la conservación de especímenes animales y vegetales)Example sentences2.4 uncountable (solvent)
- Typically, by the end of batch culture nutrients in the medium would be considerably depleted.
- The world ocean is what laboratory scientists would call a culture medium, the largest petri dish known to mankind.
- Alkaloid levels were determined both in the roots and in the culture medium after a culturing period of 28 d.
- We carry a large range of dry pigments, oils and mediums.
- When a pigment has a high scattering power in relation to the medium, the paint will be dense and opaque in appearance.
- 3 (middle position) (no plural) to strike a happy medium between formality and familiaritylograr un término medio entre la formalidad y la excesiva confianza
- 4 countablealso: plural mediums(person who contacts spirits)Example sentences
- Such beliefs are not confined to rural areas; in the cities there is a network of spirit mediums who claim to contact the dead.
- This work, by Professor Richard Wiseman, involved asking five mediums to contact the dead relatives of five volunteers.
- He asserts that this work supports the mediums ' claims that they are actually communicating with the dead.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Mezcal is an alcoholic drink similar to