Translation of megalomaniac in Spanish:
- megalómano, (-na) (masculine, feminine)Example sentences
- Finally, of course, there is the natural desire of the megalomaniac to hang on to power until the last possible minute and not to take the slightest risk of losing it.
- Volscenzi is the stereotypical bad guy; eccentric and power crazed, he is a paranoid megalomaniac who quite clearly desires, as is required of his kind, world domination.
- No, Raines must be a megalomaniac, drunk on power.
- The psychiatrists diagnosed him as a megalomaniac with delusions of being a great poet, economist, linguist, historian, and political adviser to heads of state.
- When the title is conferred on public figures, it is a well-known fact that they go mad; celebrities turn into monsters, and politicians into megalomaniacs, addled by delusions of eternity, going on, and on, and on.
- It was preceded by months of attempted negotiations with a megalomaniac, power-hungry, delusional autocrat.
- Example sentences
- The story is that of an intensely Irish megalomaniac father, who lives in the violent and paranoid world of his furniture store mogul past.
- Amos’ escape idea was just as impossible as Dr. Anderson's megalomaniac thoughts of healing the world.
- It all comes down to responsibility, and this power-crazed megalomaniac picture that you're painting is certainly not the only possible outcome, goal, or destination for people who don't believe sorcery should be used sparingly.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.