- 1 (before noun/delante del nombre) [powers/process/illness/health] mental; [hospital/patient] psiquiátrico mental torture tortura (feminine) psicológica to make a mental note of sth tomar nota de algo mentalmente I've already formed a mental picture o image of the place yo ya me he hecho una idea del lugarMore example sentences
More example sentences
- Brentano did in fact hold that every mental phenomenon is an object of inner consciousness.
- Why do you invest even one brain cell of your mental capital on figuring out his motivation?
- The illness of a relative meant that we, his family, were fully aware of his abhorrence of the loss of mental faculty.
- During her time as a patient no treatment for mental disorder or illness was given.
- Indeed, psychiatrists do not talk of insanity but prefer to use terms such as mental illness or mental disorder.
- Nowadays, music is both applied for patients with mental disorders and healthy people.
Here is a selection of useful words and phrases you will need in real-life situations while you're visiting Spain and other Spanish-speaking countries...
Every year the charitable Fundación Príncipe de Asturias makes eight awards in various categories. They are presented by the Príncipe de Asturias, the heir to the Spanish throne, in the Asturian city of Oviedo. The prize includes a monetary reward of 50,000 euros and a sculpture by the Catalan artist Joan Miró. Winners have included: the writers Umberto Eco and Mario Vargas Llosa; the politicians Nelson Mandela and Yasser Arafat; the organization Médecins sans Frontières; the scientist Stephen Hawking; and the golfer Severiano Ballesteros.