Translation of merry in Spanish:
adjective -rier, -riest
- 1 (joyful) the more the merriercuantos más, mejormerry Christmas! to make merry [literary]divertirseExample sentences
- Showing or characterized by exuberance or mirthful excitement; merry; cheerful; jolly.
- The night was not lonely either, as quite a few regulars danced cheerfully to merry tunes in the moonlight.
- Still, we carry on cheerfully, whistling a merry tune as we stir it all up with a wooden spoon.
- 3 (drunk) [colloquial]Example sentences
- Even though I may have been slightly merry I still could not escape the feeling of how weird all this was.
- In the event, the meal was fine and, by the end, I was feeling slightly merry, and my companions were at last sobering up.
- Sitting on a bench with, as I soon discover, two slightly merry female postgraduate students who are, like me, waiting for a train on the Rayners Lane branch.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.