Translation of merry in Spanish:
adjective -rier, -riest
- 1 (joyful) the more the merriercuantos más, mejormerry Christmas! to make merry [literary]divertirseExample sentences
- Showing or characterized by exuberance or mirthful excitement; merry; cheerful; jolly.
- The night was not lonely either, as quite a few regulars danced cheerfully to merry tunes in the moonlight.
- Still, we carry on cheerfully, whistling a merry tune as we stir it all up with a wooden spoon.
- 3 (drunk) [colloquial]Example sentences
- His recollection is you had been to some sort of do in the afternoon or early evening, and you were quite merry.
- Everyone was getting quite merry, and the glasses were being passed about.
- They returned home at 10.45 pm "quite merry" and went to bed about half an hour later, he said.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.