- 1.1 u and c (solid material) metal (masculine); (before noun/delante del nombre) [box/clasp/plating] metálico, de metalMore example sentences1.2 u and c [Chemistry/Química] metal (masculine) 1.3 uncountable/no numerable (on roads) (British English/inglés británico) grava (feminine)
More example sentences1.4 uncountable/no numerable (liquid glass) [Technology/Tecnología] vidrio (masculine) fundido
- Earthen materials like steel, metal and granite are hard to get these days.
- Known as shape-memory materials, they are metal alloys or polymers that accomplish similar feats in different ways.
- The result was a new, hard metal, Bessemer steel, ideal for rail-making.
More example sentences
- In common with other specifications for road construction the contractors had to remove all ‘fixed stones’ from the bed on which road metal was laid.
- For all we knew they could have just been road metal.
- 96 Drains were usually constructed 18 in. square and were built with lime-mortared masonry walls that supported flat slab stones beneath the road metal.
- In 1952 he thought about using the bed of molten metal to form the flat glass, eliminating altogether the need for the rollers.
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Guernica is a Basque town destroyed by German bombers fighting on the Nationalist side in the Spanish Civil War in April 1937.