Translation of metal in Spanish:
- 1.1 uncountable and countable (solid material)(before noun) (box/clasp/plating)de metalExample sentences1.2 uncountable and countable (Chemistry) 1.3 uncountable (on roads)
(British English)Example sentences1.4 uncountable (liquid glass) (Technology)
- Earthen materials like steel, metal and granite are hard to get these days.
- Known as shape-memory materials, they are metal alloys or polymers that accomplish similar feats in different ways.
- The result was a new, hard metal, Bessemer steel, ideal for rail-making.
vidrio (masculine) fundidoExample sentences
- In common with other specifications for road construction the contractors had to remove all ‘fixed stones’ from the bed on which road metal was laid.
- For all we knew they could have just been road metal.
- 96 Drains were usually constructed 18 in. square and were built with lime-mortared masonry walls that supported flat slab stones beneath the road metal.
- In 1952 he thought about using the bed of molten metal to form the flat glass, eliminating altogether the need for the rollers.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
A portero is a superintendent in an apartment building who looks after it, keeps it clean, delivers mail, and keeps an eye on comings and goings. Porteros often have an apartment in the building as part of their pay. The portero, and particularly the female portera, are part of popular culture. They have a reputation for being inquisitive and fond of gossip.