- 1.1 (area) centro (m) del campo, mediocampo (m) (before noun/delante del nombre) midfield player centrocampista (mf), mediocampista (mf) midfield stripe (in US football) línea (feminine) centralMore example sentences1.2 (players) centro (m) del campo, mediocampo (m)
More example sentences
- Danny Carroll was switched from the midfield to centre-half for the last two games.
- With the injured Paul Warhurst absent, Paul Scholes had a field day in midfield.
- The midfield area is one that could decide the outcome of the game.
- Their central midfield was notable more for foraging than contributions in attack.
- Far from being an entertaining contest, it was one that the defences and midfields dominated.
- Aided by the midfield, the Kirkby defence managed to weather the initial storm.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
The Basque autonomous police force is called Ertzaintza. Its members, called ertzainas, wear a uniform of red sweaters and berets, and white jackets. Despite the Ertzaintza's wide range of responsibilities, the Guardia Civil and Policía Nacional still operate in the Basque Country.