- 1.1 (area) centro (m) del campo, mediocampo (m) (before n) midfield player centrocampista (mf), mediocampista (mf) midfield stripe (in US football) línea (f) centralMore example sentences1.2 (players) centro (m) del campo, mediocampo (m)
More example sentences
- Danny Carroll was switched from the midfield to centre-half for the last two games.
- With the injured Paul Warhurst absent, Paul Scholes had a field day in midfield.
- The midfield area is one that could decide the outcome of the game.
- Their central midfield was notable more for foraging than contributions in attack.
- Far from being an entertaining contest, it was one that the defences and midfields dominated.
- Aided by the midfield, the Kirkby defence managed to weather the initial storm.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Santería is a religious cult, fusing African beliefs and Catholicism, which developed among African Yoruba slaves in Cuba. Followers believe both in a single supreme being and also in orishas, deities who each share an identity with a Christian saint and who combine a force of nature with human characteristics. Rituals involve music, dancing, sacrificial offerings, divination, and going into trances.