- 1.1 (area) centro (masculine) del campo, mediocampo (masculine) (before noun/delante del nombre) midfield player centrocampista (masculine and feminine), mediocampista (masculine and feminine) midfield stripe (in US football) línea (feminine) centralMore example sentences1.2 (players) centro (masculine) del campo, mediocampo (masculine)
More example sentences
- Danny Carroll was switched from the midfield to centre-half for the last two games.
- With the injured Paul Warhurst absent, Paul Scholes had a field day in midfield.
- The midfield area is one that could decide the outcome of the game.
- Their central midfield was notable more for foraging than contributions in attack.
- Far from being an entertaining contest, it was one that the defences and midfields dominated.
- Aided by the midfield, the Kirkby defence managed to weather the initial storm.
Browse other language resources
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Cultural fact of the day
The Chilean presidential palace in the capital, Santiago, is called Palacio de la Moneda.