Translation of minority in Spanish:
noun/nombre (plural -ties)
- 1 1.1 (smaller number) (+ singular or plural verb/+ verbo en singular o plural) minoría (feminine) to be in a/the minority estar* en minoría to govern with a minority gobernar en minoría you're in a minority of one [humorous/humorístico] formas parte de una minoría de uno [humorous/humorístico] ethnic/religious minority minoría étnica/religiosa a minority of students share that view los estudiantes que comparten ese punto de vista son una minoría (before noun/delante del nombre) [group/vote] minoritario minority holding o interest participación (feminine) minoritaria minority sport deporte (masculine) de minoríasExample sentences1.2 (in US) [Politics/Política] oposición (feminine)
- The group is regarded as a fundamentalist organisation representing the views of the minority of Muslims.
- And for the minority of people who can't, having restricted licensing hours is highly unlikely to deter them.
- The A-level of old had a specific function: to test the minority of young people who would go on to higher education.
- This means that a minority of just 26 votes can block a decision.
- The balance of voting in the Council of Ministers had, up to this point, meant that a 'blocking minority' of 23 votes was required.
- 2 [Law/Derecho] minoría (feminine) de edadExample sentences
- During the claimant's minority the initial limitation period would not run.
- Claims by children are not limited to those made during their minority; an adult child may seek an order.
- The context was exceptional, for royal authority was weakened by the minority of Louis XIV.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
Crianza is a term which refers both to the process of ageing wines, and to a category of wines, vinos de crianza, which have been aged for a minimum of two years, first in barrels or the more modern stainless steel tanks, and then in the bottle.