Translation of minority in Spanish:
noun plural minorities
- 1 1.1 (smaller number) (+ singular or plural verb) to be in a/the minority to govern with a minority you're in a minority of one [humorous]formas parte de una minoría de uno [humorous]ethnic/religious minorityminoría étnica/religiosaa minority of students share that viewlos estudiantes que comparten ese punto de vista son una minoría(before noun) (group/vote)minority holding o interest
minoritarioparticipación (feminine) minoritariaminority sportdeporte (masculine) de minoríasExample sentences
Example sentences1.2 (in US) (Politics)
- The group is regarded as a fundamentalist organisation representing the views of the minority of Muslims.
- And for the minority of people who can't, having restricted licensing hours is highly unlikely to deter them.
- The A-level of old had a specific function: to test the minority of young people who would go on to higher education.
- This means that a minority of just 26 votes can block a decision.
- The balance of voting in the Council of Ministers had, up to this point, meant that a 'blocking minority' of 23 votes was required.
- 2 (Law)Example sentences
- During the claimant's minority the initial limitation period would not run.
- Claims by children are not limited to those made during their minority; an adult child may seek an order.
- The context was exceptional, for royal authority was weakened by the minority of Louis XIV.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.