- (Zoology)Example sentences
- All of these arthropods are known predators of insect eggs; on at least 17 plants, adult mites were directly observed attacking eggs.
- Dust mites are very minute arachnids (related to spiders) that live primarily on flakes of human skin.
- But a parasitic mite, Varroa destructor, has started to wreak havoc on honeybee colonies.
- 1 (small child, animal)the poor little mite!chiquitín, (-tina) (masculine, feminine)¡pobrecito!Example sentences
- His cold has developed into full blown ‘smoker's cough’ this morning, poor little mite.
- ‘She's just a poor little mite - I feel terrible as a person having to say this kind of thing but I didn't know what else to do I was so desperate,’ he said.
- Poor little mite was rather disappointed when he realised it was months away yet, but it hasn't seemed to stop him asking again at regular intervals throughout the day.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan
Find out how to write letters in Spanish, including advice on greetings, layout, endings...
Carnaval is the three days of festivities preceding Lent, characterized by costumes, masks, drinking, music, and dancing.