- (Zoology)Example sentences
- All of these arthropods are known predators of insect eggs; on at least 17 plants, adult mites were directly observed attacking eggs.
- Dust mites are very minute arachnids (related to spiders) that live primarily on flakes of human skin.
- But a parasitic mite, Varroa destructor, has started to wreak havoc on honeybee colonies.
- 1 (small child, animal)chiquitín, (-tina) (masculine, feminine)the poor little mite!¡pobrecito!Example sentences
- His cold has developed into full blown ‘smoker's cough’ this morning, poor little mite.
- ‘She's just a poor little mite - I feel terrible as a person having to say this kind of thing but I didn't know what else to do I was so desperate,’ he said.
- Poor little mite was rather disappointed when he realised it was months away yet, but it hasn't seemed to stop him asking again at regular intervals throughout the day.
- 3a mite (as adverb)un tanto or pocoshe answered a mite impatiently
algocontestó con un poco or [colloquial] un pelín de impaciencia
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.