transitive verb/verbo transitivo (-fies, -fying, -fied)
- 1.1 (alter) [design/wording] modificar* 1.2 (moderate) [demands/proposal] moderarMore example sentences1.3 [Linguistics/Lingüística] modificar*
More example sentences
- In the course of the final two days of debate, the government and the Labor Party used their numbers to defeat a series of amendments from the minor parties to modify the call-out power.
- Despite this, and despite my complete lack of any experience at all with Perl, I decided that a good thing to do would be to modify them for version 4.
- The trials in June will be to find out if it works and modifying it with a view to having a serious roll out next year.
- An attributive adjective modifies an ungrounded noun, thereby contributing to the specification of the type designated by the noun.
- Since miss is a noun in this phrase, it should be modified by an adjective, not an adverb.
- The semantic distinction between restrictive and non-restrictive modification applies to adjectives that modify nouns as well as to relative clauses.
Find clear and straightforward guidance that will help you improve your Spanish grammar, pronunciation, and writing skills...
In Central America and Mexico, the word 'botana' means a small portion of food, olives, peanuts etc, usually served with a drink at parties, bars, or social occasions.