- (Dentistry)molar (masculine) [formal]Example sentences
- The teeth most often missing are the third molars, second premolars, and maxillary lateral incisors, and other teeth may be reduced in size.
- The location of early caries is found most often in children's maxillary incisors and first molars.
- The medical name for wisdom teeth is the third molars.
- (Chemistry)Example sentences
- The enthalpy change that occurs during the complete combustion of one mole of a substance is called the molar heat of combustion, symbolized H c o.
- Uncharged polar and even ionic dyes with substantial molar weights have often been used to trace apoplastic water movement.
- Another substantial advantage is that volume fractions and molar concentrations are easily interconvertible, making comparison with experimental papers easier.
- The section on the interconversion of molal and molar solutions needs to be reworded.
- An example of this would be describing a solution as a 1 molar solution, or saying it had a strength of 1 M.
- In this case a solution that was 0.9 molar in trehalose and sucrose was examined for a sample at known spacing as described for water.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.